Posted 29 Apr 2013
Posted 26 Dec 2012
The OBDLink Android app can now be downloaded for free on Google Play! The app works exclusively with OBDLink hardware, and works best with OBDLink MX. The app includes strong diagnostics and troubleshooting tools, and makes it easy to display engine & transmission parameters using several different gauge layouts. Check out the GooglePlay page for more details.
Compatible OBDLink products
- OBDLink MX Bluetooth
- OBDLink Bluetooth
- OBDLink WiFi
- OBDLink SX (requires Android 2.3.4 or newer & USB adapter)
- OBDLink (requires Android 2.3.4 or newer & USB adapter)
Posted 06 Jul 2012
The SEMA Show is the premier automotive specialty products trade event in the world. It draws the industry’s brightest minds and hottest products to one place, the Las Vegas Convention Center. If you're planning to attend, be sure to visit our exhibit in booth #11610. It's located in the North Hall in the Mobile Electronics section.
We'll be showcasing some recent products, and unveiling an exciting new product that we're currently tweaking and putting the final touches on. Look forward to seeing you all there - October 30 through November 2nd, 2012 at the Las Vegas Convention Center!
Posted 04 Jun 2012
Mp3Car's OBDLink MX Hardware Review
Mp3Car.com just completed a thorough, hands-on review of OBDLink MX. Mp3Car is a pioneering force in the mobile computing world, and we're grateful they took the time to check out MX in-depth, and provide some thoughtful, independent feedback. Here are a few quotes from the review:
- "The information I want from my OBD-II system comes at a rate that is 5 times greater than the generic device."
- "OBDLink MX is programmed to automatically shut off if activity is not detected on the bus for 10 minutes. This is a feature that should be considered invaluable to a person who wishes to install this device permanently"
- "Fact is, the OBDLink MX is the best OBD-II option to date."
If you're in the market for an OBDII adapter, this review is a must-read.
Posted 25 May 2012
Orders placed after 3 pm PST on Friday, will ship on Tuesday, May 29th.
Posted 14 Dec 2011
The World's Smallest & Fastest OBD Adapter Provides Access to Single Wire and Medium Speed CAN networks
Engineered to accelerate performance over the Bluetooth link, OBDLink MX is up to five times faster than the closest competitor. The world's smallest OBD adapter provides access to SW CAN & MS CAN networks in addition to legislated OBDII. Thanks to the unique BatterySaver™ technology you can rest assured that, unlike other OBD adapters, MX won't drain your battery if you leave it plugged in.
- Up to 5x faster than the closest competitor – MX accelerates Android apps by up to 25% and PC software by up to 400%. Experience faster screen updates and more graph points.
- Supports SW CAN & MS CAN protocols – MX is the only scan tool in its class that can access these proprietary GM & Ford networks in addition to the 5 standard OBDII protocols.
- World’s smallest scan tool – At just under 2” long, OBDLink won’t obstruct driver legroom.
- Hack-Proof – Cutting-edge security scheme virtually eliminates the risk of unauthorized access.
- BatterySaver Technology – MX’s innovative sleep function lets you leave it plugged in without danger of draining your car’s battery.
- Read & Clear Check Engine light – Check diagnostic codes yourself and make informed repair decisions.
- Works on PC’s, Smart Phones, and Tablets – Turn your laptop, netbook, Android, or Symbian device into a sophisticated diagnostics tool and performance monitor. Note: Not compatible with Apple products.
- Works on a wider range of vehicles – OBDLink’s advanced algorithm enables MX to connect to more OBDII-compliant makes & models than any other scan tool.
- Free diagnostics software – Includes ScanTool.net’s exclusive OBDwiz license for Windows (a $39.95 value)
- Peace of Mind – Covered by our 3-year warranty & 90-day money-back guarantee.
- Superior Compatibility – works with more 3rd party apps & software than any other adapter.
Posted 29 Nov 2011
Vehicle Interface features STN1110 technology from OBD Solutions
Team Hermes, a group of 4 students attending IT Sligo in Ireland, won the top prize at the 2011 Microsoft Imagine Cup in New York this month with an innovative project that addresses the global issue of road safety.
Their pioneering solution utilizes a vehicle interface that monitors dangerous driving behavior and road conditions, giving instant feedback to the driver and vehicle owner. The vehicle interface uses OBD Solutions’ STN1110 technology to extract data directly from the vehicle’s on-board computer. The collected data is then processed and analyzed using Microsoft’s Windows Phone 7, Bing Maps, and the Windows Azure cloud computing platform to change driving habits and reduce road deaths.
Team Hermes won $25,000 with their victory. Vitaliy Maksimov, General Manager of OBD Solutions, said “The guys earned the victory with persistence and hard work. I am very happy that we could, in some small way, participate in their success."
OBD Solutions produces components and innovative turn key solutions that utilize legislated OBD-II protocols to deliver a wealth of useful diagnostic and engine performance data. Read more about the company’s products and services on their website ( www.obdsol.com).
Microsoft produced a Team Hermes project overview video, and you can read more about the team on the IT Sligo website.
Posted 31 May 2011
Sparkfun.com, the world's most popular electronics hobbyist site, has just released their OBD-II Development Board. The board is based on our own STN11xx chip family, and has all the electronics necessary to interface with any OBD-II compliant vehicle's ECU. Sparkfun designed the board to be compatible with their existing USB and Bluetooth development boards. We're big supporters of any STN1110 development, and are excited that Sparkfun has introduced a product that makes it easy for hobbyists, prototypers, students, engineers, or anyone interested in OBD-II to get their project off the ground.
Posted 23 May 2011
ScanTool.net, LLC offices will be closed on Monday May 30, 2011 in observance of the Memorial Day holiday.
Orders placed after 1 pm on Friday, May 27th will ship on Tuesday, May 31st.
Posted 06 Jan 2011