« Last post by erics4569 on February 08, 2016, 08:47:33 PM »
Which scan tool are you using?
OBDLink MX WiFi
Connection type (serial port, USB, Bluetooth,WiFi)?
What is the serial number and manufacturing date of your device? This information can be found on the back of the unit.
What is the operating system? Specify whether it is 32 or 64 bit
What is the year, make, model, and country where the vehicle was purchased in, new?
1997 Toyota 4Runner, USA
If known, what is the engine type (gasoline or diesel, number of cylinders, displacement).
Gas, V6, 3.4L
Which software are you using (name + version)?
Describe the problem in detail:
I just received a OBDLink MX Wifi unit. It is useless.
1) "OBDLink MX" SSID shows up in network... but it won't accept the password
2) Followed instructions to reset factory settings (press & hold 20sec)... still won't accept password
3) Followed instructions to change password and hit submit... the obdconfig.com form fails validation (says needs an SSID and a Device ID, both of which were empty).
3a) I enter "OBDLink MX" for SSID and "Abc" for Device ID and submit... obdconfig.com says settings were saved... now nothing shows up in available networks.
4) Reset factory settings
5) repeat 1-3 ... same results
6) Resign that 30mins of my life have just been wasted
From other posts on this forum, it sounds like my unit is in the "3% that have wifi chip issues". Please send me a working one ASAP. I paid extra shipping to get this unit tonight to read codes and diagnose an issue before going on a roadtrip this weekend, and this is a very frustrating setback. I hope you will do what it takes to make the situation right.