Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 21, 2014, 02:46:28 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Added OBDLink MX forum board.

ScanTool.net Forum  |  Website  |  ScanTool.net Website (Moderator: Ivan G.)  |  Topic: contacts - update - slow, but replied. Fast shipping, great product. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: contacts - update - slow, but replied. Fast shipping, great product.  (Read 5298 times)
xenon2000

My motto here...

View Profile
« on: October 17, 2005, 01:26:19 PM »

I have been trying to get in contact with someone in sales at info@scantool.net, been days and no replies. So I sent a fax this morning, still no reply.

I would like to buy a combo kit, but I have a question about the enclosure. Another post says that the combo comes with an enclosure, but I want to verify that. I am interested in either the Triple, or the VPW/ISO kit. But does either kti come with at least 1 enclosure? And does the price include shipping in the US?
« Last Edit: November 02, 2005, 09:01:26 PM by xenon2000 » Logged
xenon2000

My motto here...

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2005, 02:34:43 PM »

I finally got a reply today at 1:32 pm Oct 18th, 2005. Using their yahoo named email address of:
yahoo@scantool.net

Though I am curious why they still haven't replied to my support ticket or my posting(s) on this forum.

I am still waiting for some answers via email. So far I just have my first reply saying they are sorry for the delay and that someone will contact me about my questions. Though that has not yet happened. Still waitinh for some help.
xenon2000

My motto here...

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2005, 07:43:19 AM »

Well, got some questions answered yesterday. So they do eventually reply. But now I am wondering if I should hold off until the ELM327 arives.
xenon2000

My motto here...

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2005, 07:08:31 AM »

Got my scantool. Very fast shipping. Ordered and paid via paypal on Friday and got the package on the following Monday. Arizona to Oregon.

Still, the email communication is extremely slow, but shipping was fast and they were helpful over the phone as well, when I finally got a hold of someone. Thanks. Look forward to trying it tonight.
Vitaliy
ScanTool.net Staff
Veteran

Forum Cop

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2005, 08:24:54 PM »

Got my scantool. Very fast shipping. Ordered and paid via paypal on Friday and got the package on the following Monday. Arizona to Oregon.

Still, the email communication is extremely slow, but shipping was fast and they were helpful over the phone as well, when I finally got a hold of someone. Thanks. Look forward to trying it tonight.

Although it is true that our replies weren't as prompt as usual, I don't think you are being fair.

Your original e-mail (to info@scantool.net) was sent on October 15, which is a Saturday. Monday is the busiest day of the week, and the previous week the company was working with a skeleton crew (thanks to the flu season).

Most of the time, when you submit a question through eSupport, you get a response in one business day or less.

Best regards,

Vitaliy

Need to decode a diagnostic trouble code? Try DTCSearch.com
xenon2000

My motto here...

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2005, 08:48:37 PM »

I am only stating how my contact experience was from my point of view. Only after I finally made contact with you was I informed about the situation about your weekend. But I was fair with my posts here on the forum. I made sure to follow up after getting the product to inform people of my experience. I want people to know that even if communications seems very slow at times, that the company is not trying to ignore them. Which is how I felt until I was able to order.

Ordering went great. Paypal payment was fast and cleared the same day. And then I got confirmation from USPS that the shipping was completed that same day and gave me a tracking number. My post was both accurate and informative. Anyone who will take the time reading my thread and others like it will find that even if they encounter very slow communication that it should not reflect negatively on a company that they do not understand. I was very close to purchasing somewhere else because of my lack of trust in a company I did not know much about. But now after completing an order and having a very good experience from Order, to shipping, to using the product; I trust Scantool, it's ability to deliver very fast, and has a great product that works great. And at a great price.

Again, I only stated things as I experienced them. Everything I said was exactly how it happened with me. Whether it is normal or not, was not the point. It is also true that all my email replies were slow. And I actually never got a reply to my Oct 15th email sent to info@scantool.net. I only got a reply to my Oct 18th email sent to yahoo@scantool.net for my first reply.

My point being. I was not being "unfair", only truthful about my communication experience. And again, for anyone reading, the service has been great, shipping was super fast and the scantool works awesome! Only was email and phone communication slower than I am used to. With other scan tool products, I got replies within an hour, even on a weekend. And while I don't expect that level of service from every online company, I was expecting a reply by Monday morning. But I understand now, why that did not happen. I only posted as my experience unfolded. Sorry that you think I was being "unfair" with my description of my communication experience.

Hopefully this post isn't considered "unfair" as well. But to make another point, it's interesting that it took until Nov 2nd to post about my comments on communication from Oct 25th post. That's 8 days later. But I don't mean to start something new with that comment.

Again, people, product shipped fast, questions eventually were answered, and the product works great with my laptop and Palm Vx. Thanks scantool.net LLC. I can't wait for the ELM327 based product in the future.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2005, 08:52:17 PM by xenon2000 » Logged
Vitaliy
ScanTool.net Staff
Veteran

Forum Cop

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2005, 04:41:17 AM »

Xenon2000,

Sorry, I did not mean to sound negative with my last post.

I appreciate the fact that you followed up.

Best regards,

Vitaliy

Need to decode a diagnostic trouble code? Try DTCSearch.com
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
ScanTool.net Forum  |  Website  |  ScanTool.net Website (Moderator: Ivan G.)  |  Topic: contacts - update - slow, but replied. Fast shipping, great product. « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length