Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 21, 2014, 12:57:04 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Added OBDLink MX forum board.

ScanTool.net Forum  |  ECU Hacking  |  GM  |  Topic: Vauxhall / Opel Vectra C and Signum OBD-II CAN « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vauxhall / Opel Vectra C and Signum OBD-II CAN  (Read 10804 times)
NetMare

View Profile
« on: April 27, 2006, 10:42:46 AM »

Howdy Gents,

well I'm looking forward to modifie my onboard electronics inside my Opel (Vauxhall) Signum made in 2003.
Is there any posibillity to make modifications to the software?

Dealers are using the TECH2 interface (also used by SAAB and the whole GM cars).

Need hints!

c ya
CanDoo

My motto here...

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2006, 01:14:18 AM »

We sell a KWP 2000 reflash tool for these vehicles which gives you access to the ECU and allows you to modify settings. This tool works on most European vehicles and communicates with just about every ECU fitted to these vehicles.

This tool allows you to do exactly what the Tech2 tool does and interfaces to a PC or laptop. By selecting the vehicle from the list you are able to communicate with the ECU. Your car uses the Siemens Simtec 70 ECU and the KWP 2000 flasher allows for in-car reprogramming of this unit. Smiley
NetMare

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2006, 04:56:46 AM »

Could you tell me where to buy and exact names of interface and software?
CanDoo

My motto here...

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2006, 04:55:01 PM »

Hi,

It is available from Motorscan Technologies ( UK)  www.motorscan.net.  The tool is referred to as KWP 2000 flasher. There is a more expensive unit, the KWP 2000 Plus but you don't need this.It interfaces to Alfa Romeo, Fiat, Lancia, Citoroen, Peugeot, all VAG vehicles ( VW, Audi, Porsche, Seat, Skoda, ), Mercedes, Chrysler Jeep, Renault, Opel Astra, Frontera, Vectra B and C, Zafira, BMW and certain Nissan vehicles.

There is a full description of the unit on their website.

Connects to USB
Supports High Speed ECU flashing
Integrated OBD2 connector
NetMare

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2006, 11:36:35 PM »

Howdy,

tnx for that link. But what about the software? All the Soft I've found in the net is just for reading out failiures... not for programming...

Oh whait: what is this: Tech2 Interface for Opel cars
Whats possible with this one? Is this interface running with Vauxhall/Opel Software calles TIS?

CanDoo

My motto here...

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2006, 11:41:54 PM »

The software that comes with the KWP 2000 is for reading and reprogramming the ECU.

The Tech2 interface for Opel cars is only for diagnostic purposes and has no reprogramming capabilities.
NetMare

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2006, 12:24:51 AM »

Howdy again,

so what kind of software can I use with the KWP2000???
CanDoo

My motto here...

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2006, 04:53:24 AM »

It comes with its own software.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
ScanTool.net Forum  |  ECU Hacking  |  GM  |  Topic: Vauxhall / Opel Vectra C and Signum OBD-II CAN « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length