Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2014, 08:23:46 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: OBDLink MX officially launched.

ScanTool.net Forum  |  Hardware  |  Discontinued Products  |  ElmScan 5 USB  |  Topic: ElmScan 5 USB « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: ElmScan 5 USB  (Read 2181 times)
BMIPK

View Profile
« on: March 27, 2009, 07:23:51 AM »

My ElmScan 5 USB is working fine with Honda Civic 2005 and Honda Accord 2004 but not able to connect with Toyota Corolla 2004 and Prado 2005.

The connector on Honda City 2001 is different from that of OBDII. Please let me know if a set of adopters are available to connect various Make and models of cars & Trucks.

Please help!

kerri

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2009, 01:44:54 PM »

The OBDII connector is standard in vehicles that are OBDII compliant. 

If I  may ask, what country are you in?  The OBDII standard went into effect at different times in different countries; so depending on where these vehicles were originally purchased, they may not be compliant.

Please see the following link for additional information:

https://www.scantool.net/support/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=viewarticle&kbarticleid=2&nav=0

BMIPK

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2009, 12:19:33 PM »

Thanks for the reply.

I am located in Pakistan. We have large number of reconditioned cars mostly of Toyota & Honda make imported from Japan and Dubai. We also have locally assembled production of Toyota Corolla, Honda City & Civic, Suzuki, Nissan .

Kindly let us know which diagnostic equipment would be suitable if these vehicles have connectors similar to OBDII but ElmScan 5 USB is not communicating with the vehicle.
BMIPK

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2009, 11:28:49 AM »

Hello!

I have come across XP-431 Dignostic Tool of Chinese origin. It comes with a variety of connectors for use with vehicles of different make and models. It's software gives options to sellect vehicles of various makes and Asian/Europian Version etc. Moreover it is also capable to detect DTC's of Engine, ABS, AT etc.

Honda Civic 2005 was diagnosed by XP-431 revealed ABS and battery problems but ElmScan 5 USB  with ScanXL software was unable to detect any problem.

Please let me know if ElmScan 5 USB is capable of decting Engine problems only or trouble codes of ABS, AT etc are also detectable.

Moreover, please let me know if connectors and software for ElmScan 5 USB are also avaiable like they are with XP-431 or similar.
Vitaliy
ScanTool.net Staff
Veteran

Forum Cop

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2009, 04:57:33 PM »

ElmScan 5 USB is capable of scanning any ECU that is OBD-2 compliant. Most body/ABS controllers are not OBD-2 compliant.

To be fair, you are comparing ElmScan 5 USB to a tool that costs more than 20 times as much.

Vitaliy

Need to decode a diagnostic trouble code? Try DTCSearch.com
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
ScanTool.net Forum  |  Hardware  |  Discontinued Products  |  ElmScan 5 USB  |  Topic: ElmScan 5 USB « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length