Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2014, 01:30:13 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Added OBDLink MX forum board.

ScanTool.net Forum  |  General OBD Information  |  User Forum  |  Topic: how to install and use a elm 327 on my lap top « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: how to install and use a elm 327 on my lap top  (Read 7331 times)
eddie lane

View Profile
« on: April 17, 2009, 08:18:14 AM »

i have just bought a elm 327 1.3 from  amazon  and i have tried to install the software on the small cd i got with it it comes up with a list the first one was installing usb lead which was ok then i can not go any further as the next part  comes up failure as i have not got a clue about computers i am lost as what to do next i have read the are a lot of clones about it looks like i mighte have one but with me not having a clue as to what i am doing it might be ok all i need is for  some one  to help me to install it on my laptop  and how to use it as i got no instructions with it is there a manual i can buy.as my grand children tell me i am to old to use a computer i am not that old just look it so if some one can spair the time to help me i will very gratefull or send me a manual of how to install it if so my email is
bigtedbronco@hotmail.co.uk thanks eddie. 
kerri

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2009, 01:44:29 PM »

Hi Eddie,

Have you attempted to contact the original vendor from whom you purchased the scan tool?  They should be able to help you get hooked up.  The process can vary from vendor to vendor, but if you have managed to get ahold of a clone, it may never work at all.

https://www.scantool.net/forum/index.php?topic=2379.0

There are some images here of clones currently available (not all inclusive by any means); if you suspect you might have gotten one, your best bet will be to try to get a refund.  If you are unable to do so, we do offer a "Credit for Clones" program.

Best of luck!
Kerri
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
ScanTool.net Forum  |  General OBD Information  |  User Forum  |  Topic: how to install and use a elm 327 on my lap top « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length