Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 17, 2014, 08:26:25 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Added OBDLink MX forum board.

ScanTool.net Forum  |  Hardware  |  Discontinued Products  |  OBDLink CI  |  Topic: OBDLink CI to OBDLink Trade up « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: OBDLink CI to OBDLink Trade up  (Read 3511 times)
Mok

My motto here...

View Profile
« on: July 13, 2009, 05:34:36 PM »

Hi,

Does a customer need to return the OBDLink CI for the trade up program?
Flyer
ScanTool.net Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2009, 12:18:57 PM »

Not at all. Each OBDLink CI package includes a voucher to purchase the upcoming OBDLink for $49.95 (MSRP $149.95). You get to keep OBDLink CI.
SpudRacer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2009, 10:57:14 PM »

I have an 04 Volvo XC-70, a 2007 Jeep Wrangler, and a 2005 Dodge Ram SRT-10 pickup.  I'm not sure if the OBDLink CI will cover all three vehicles.  Will it?  If not, will the new OBDLink that comes out in August?

Also, if the MSRP of the new scanner is $149, and the OBDLink CI is $85 and you get a voucher for $50 to upgrade, why not buy the CI now and upgrade in a few weeks?!  It will cost $25 less, AND I get two scanners instead of one.  I've never purchased a scanner before, but need one for my Dodge Ram SRT-10 truck.  I bought it two months ago, and found some stored codes.  Do I need to buy software too?  Or does the scanner come with all the software I need to troubleshoot codes?

Appreciate any feedback/education...  also, WHEN in August is the new scanner to come out?  It will be August very soon and I need a scanner ASAP.

Tom
Bryson City, NC
Flyer
ScanTool.net Staff

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2009, 08:54:41 PM »

Hi Tom,

I have an 04 Volvo XC-70, a 2007 Jeep Wrangler, and a 2005 Dodge Ram SRT-10 pickup.  I'm not sure if the OBDLink CI will cover all three vehicles.  Will it?  If not, will the new OBDLink that comes out in August?

Both scan tools should support all three of your vehicles.

Also, if the MSRP of the new scanner is $149, and the OBDLink CI is $85 and you get a voucher for $50 to upgrade, why not buy the CI now and upgrade in a few weeks?!  It will cost $25 less, AND I get two scanners instead of one.

That's the idea Smiley

Do I need to buy software too?  Or does the scanner come with all the software I need to troubleshoot codes?

Free software that comes with the scan tool will pull trouble codes, clear DTCs/turn off MIL, and show up to 80+ live data parameters (actual number depends on the vehicle).

also, WHEN in August is the new scanner to come out?

It is planned towards the second half of the month.

Vitaliy
jydog57

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2009, 07:53:03 PM »

> second half of the month

NO, NO.  I want it now. Sad

Seriously, I need a scanner but have '96 to '99 vehicles.  I want the convenience of software upgrades.  So, can I get the ElmScan 5 upgrade (for $84) and still get the $49 voucher for the OBDLink when it comes out? 

Waiting with my card # at the ready!  Otherwise I will need to go with the Pro.
avary
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2009, 01:29:17 PM »

Hi jydog57,

Unfortunately the $49.95 voucher only applies to upgrades of OBDLink CI.

The ElmScan 5 will work on all of your OBDII vehicles. We'll be happy to honor our price match guarantee with the other company, please contact us through eSupport for more details.

Sincerely,

Avary
jydog57

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2009, 02:16:08 PM »

OK, ordered the 5 USB.  We'll see how it does.
razvantomescu

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2009, 01:04:53 AM »

Hello, I ordered in august the OBDLink CI but I did not receive the voucher for the trade up program. That was the reason that I bought OBDLink CI, to get 2 scanners at the price of one.  Was the trade up still available at that time?
Vitaliy
ScanTool.net Staff
Veteran

Forum Cop

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2009, 05:29:20 PM »

razvantomescu,

I'm sorry that you didn't receive a paper voucher with your scan tool. Please send an email to sales@scantool.net with a link to this post and your sales order number (or at least your contact information so they can look up your SO), and they'll give you a discount code to use at the checkout.

Best regards,

Vitaliy

Need to decode a diagnostic trouble code? Try DTCSearch.com
razvantomescu

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2009, 12:38:47 AM »

Sent, received, ordered, just wait   Grin  Keep up the good work!
clafong

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2009, 02:51:54 PM »

I didnt recieve a paper voucher either.  Purchased 9/23, just got it
I bought my CI from mp3car.  Can I bug you guys for teh voucher or should I go see them

tks
Vitaliy
ScanTool.net Staff
Veteran

Forum Cop

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2009, 09:57:53 PM »

I didnt recieve a paper voucher either.  Purchased 9/23, just got it
I bought my CI from mp3car.  Can I bug you guys for teh voucher or should I go see them

tks

Sorry, I saw your post on MP3Car first... we have an arrangement with our distributors where they can let you trade up to OBDLink for $50, or you can email sales@scantool.net for the discount code (they would need proof of purchase: a copy of your invoice, or the manufacturing date and serial number off your unit).

Vitaliy

Need to decode a diagnostic trouble code? Try DTCSearch.com
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
ScanTool.net Forum  |  Hardware  |  Discontinued Products  |  OBDLink CI  |  Topic: OBDLink CI to OBDLink Trade up « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length