Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2014, 10:00:31 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: OBDLink MX officially launched.

ScanTool.net Forum  |  ECU Hacking  |  Ford  |  Topic: Ford Seed and Key / Diagnostic mode and control « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ford Seed and Key / Diagnostic mode and control  (Read 2372 times)
bpmlogix

View Profile
« on: August 10, 2009, 03:39:14 PM »

Hello all,

I am working on actuating shift solenoids on Ford based transmission controllers that are integrated within the transmission assembly (2004-2008 vehicles). I have yet to find a tool which will control these other than a Ford VCM.

Assuming I capture diagnostic commands from a Ford VCM, how can one work around the seed/key arrangement that the internal TCU requests before it allows diagnostic mode?

Can a manufacturing calibration reflash be used to eliminate the Seed/Key necessity?

On a side note, does the same seed/key requirement exist on Jag and Land Rover vehicles?

TIA!

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
ScanTool.net Forum  |  ECU Hacking  |  Ford  |  Topic: Ford Seed and Key / Diagnostic mode and control « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length