Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2014, 10:01:01 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Added OBDLink MX forum board.

ScanTool.net Forum  |  Hardware  |  ElmScan 5 Compact  |  Topic: ElmScan5 connection problems « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: ElmScan5 connection problems  (Read 1668 times)
mnts

View Profile
« on: November 09, 2009, 04:23:56 AM »

Hello, I just bought ElmScan5 but I can`t connect elmscan to my laptop(Windows 7).
Drivers and software working fine, but the power led is solid red.I tryed to type the commands you wrote in other topic and I got this:
ATZ
ATZ

ELM327 v1.3a

>ATRV
ATRV
14.3V

>ATSP00
ATSP00
OK

>0100
SEARCHING...
UNABLE TO CONNECT
----
Then I typed one more and got this:
ATDP
ATDP
AUTO
>
Where could be the problem? I`m waiting for your answer. Thankyou.
Jason Smith
Engineer
ScanTool.net Staff
Veteran

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2009, 01:34:28 PM »

Hi,

The scan tool is connected and communicating with the computer just fine, it is having a problem connecting to the vehicle.  What is the year, make, and model of the vehicle?  What country was it purchased in new? 

Thanks and Regards,

Jason

mnts

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2009, 02:43:15 PM »

Hello again,
it is Opel Vectra B ( 1998 ) and I bought it from France. I tried elmscan5 on Peugot 406 ( 1997 ) it doesn`t work too.My dad tried on his Citroen C5 ( 2001 ) but it doesn`t work properly,becouse it shows only Engine RPM but nothing else ( no code reading no nothing ) whats the problem? I payed 85 punds for this scanner it suppoes to show something...Am I right?
Jason Smith
Engineer
ScanTool.net Staff
Veteran

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2009, 05:23:29 PM »

Hi,

My guess would be that the vehicles are not OBD-II compliant, more information can be found here about OBD-II compliance in Europe.  Our scan tools only work on OBD-II compliant vehicles.  I apologize for any confusion.  If you feel you have no use for this product, you can contact sales@scantool.net for a refund.

Regards,

Jason

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
ScanTool.net Forum  |  Hardware  |  ElmScan 5 Compact  |  Topic: ElmScan5 connection problems « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length