Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2014, 01:30:28 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Added OBDLink MX forum board.

ScanTool.net Forum  |  ECU Hacking  |  GM  |  Topic: Where is the immobiliser chip? « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Where is the immobiliser chip?  (Read 2290 times)
hvptech

View Profile
« on: February 10, 2010, 05:32:43 AM »

Where is the immobiliser chip?

Hi, iv got a problem after buying a ecu from a donor car, the immboliser is cutting the fuel. iv been told that if i swap the chips from my orginal ecu and put it in the donor ecu it should solve the immobiliser issue and will let fuel into the injectors in order to start the car,

i am attaching a picture of my original ecu, please can someone identify the immobiliser chip for me, plz click on the link below for the pic:

http://i47.tinypic.com/ng8wnk.jpg

thanks
Scandaddy

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2010, 08:11:51 PM »

LOL

What kind of car?
mayhem2408

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2010, 09:04:31 PM »

Dito Scandaddy.

You will probably find there is no imobiliser chip as such. It's probably in the firmware stored in a Flash chip.
hvptech

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2010, 05:48:42 AM »

hi, its a daewoo leganza, iv got a problem with my car only sparking on 2 plugs, so only 2 cylinders are working, done all the checks, coil pack, plugs, wires, injectors, narrowed it down to ecu, got another ecu from a salvage car, it works for couple of secs on all cylinders and then turns off, so i think its the immobilizer disabling the injectors, so i thought if i swap the immob chips it might work!?
thanks
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
ScanTool.net Forum  |  ECU Hacking  |  GM  |  Topic: Where is the immobiliser chip? « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length