Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2014, 10:00:41 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: OBDLink MX officially launched.

ScanTool.net Forum  |  ECU Hacking  |  GM  |  Topic: Hardare and info needed on getting bin from gm v6 « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hardare and info needed on getting bin from gm v6  (Read 6414 times)
chri0029

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2010, 06:49:46 AM »

Cool.  I am definitely interested (probably along with a lot of other people) if you can get the bugs worked out.  Like you said, it seems when someone figures it out and then money rolls in, they get quiet.   Grin

I trying to figure out which direction to go - the hardware way: buy a spare PCM from a junk yard then pull/solder chips/ cables and stuff to reprogram or the software way (if it's possible) do it all through the ALDL/ J1962.   I don't have a Tech2, but it should be possible I would believe with my ALDL once the code is cracked.

I also have a GM LA1 (3.4) engine like yours, so what works for you should probably work for me too.  I would also be interested in knowing which bin editor you have (as you wrote in one of your first posts).  Freeware, I'm assuming.     There are a few out there ...   Plus where you got your .def file (part of the editor)?
planethax

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2010, 09:56:31 PM »

https://www.scantool.net/forum/index.php?topic=3917.0
chri0029

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2010, 10:33:31 AM »

Planethax,

That's a pretty cool little program you wrote up.  I finally was able to get the 2nd version working on both my XP and Win2k PCs after the MSADODC.OCX fix.  I will search for my key in the next week and let you know for the database.

I am still interested in "phase 2" or using that seed/ key to pull the PCM BIN.   I have found a pretty good editor (I think), so I hope you are able to work it out.

I also want to help you if you need with more information (in general) about your GM LA1.  Let me know what you need offline (e-mail), and I'll see what I can get.  I am limited (unfortunately) in the pulling/burning the BIN part which is the biggest thing I want to do.  It sounds like you are more of a CE which is where I hope I can help you with the other stuff.
mayhem2408

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2010, 09:36:01 PM »

I've tried sniffing the serial data from a HP Tuners cable I got to borrow for a few days. I found the serial data between the PC and the HP tuner box is encrypted and useless. Anyone else has any luck with this? If anyone has unencrypted it or has an unencryped data stream from the earlier cables, I'd like to see it.
planethax

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2010, 07:54:26 AM »

You can use the following cable: http://www.scantool.net/accessories/cable-j1962m-to-2-j1962f-y-cable-1ft.html.

Of course, you would also need an ElmScan 5 Compact, or OBDLink scan tool.

So I contacted one of your suppliers in Canada,
1; They do not have and will not order one for me, would not even give me a price.
2, Said it would not work for monitoring (Yes it will as I have made my own cable now)
3, Said the besst they would do is send me a 5foot cable I could cut and modify for 25$

Like I said I have made one so no biggie, but you may want to let your suppliers know (I contacted the suppliers you have listed for Canada and only One replied back)

EDIT to add:
Quote from: me
I see you listed @ scantool.net as distributor.
I am interested in 1
Cable, J1962M to 2-J1962F, Y-Cable, 1ft
If you have them how much including shipping to
Toronto M1W 2Z2
Thank you.

Quote from: UrDist
only 1962M TO 1962F SINGLE, 5 FT. those are $25 .  which scanner are you needing them for.?
Quote from: me
I need the Y cable for a custom project.
Setting the Elm on monitor and using  my Tech2 at the same time.
Are you able to order that cable in?
Thank you.
Quote from: UrDistributor
you can hardwire 2 of the same cables together by cutting off the plug on one of them and soldering the wires inside the other.   I must tell you though that for the elm to monitor the ecm, it wont be able to connect if the tech2 has made a connection.  for that reason i have not seen a y cable for obd2 applications.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2010, 07:59:00 AM by planethax » Logged
mayhem2408

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2010, 03:39:11 AM »

Try
http://tunertools.com/proddetail.asp?prod=ST-145802
or
http://www.obd2cables.com/products/obd-cables/obd-ii-cables/cable-j1962m-to-2-j1962f-y-cable-1ft.html
or
http://allobd.com/proddetail.asp?prod=ST-145802

I got mine through obd2cables.com via ebay
Vitaliy
ScanTool.net Staff
Veteran

Forum Cop

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2010, 10:42:19 AM »

You can use the following cable: http://www.scantool.net/accessories/cable-j1962m-to-2-j1962f-y-cable-1ft.html.

Of course, you would also need an ElmScan 5 Compact, or OBDLink scan tool.

So I contacted one of your suppliers in Canada,
1; They do not have and will not order one for me, would not even give me a price.
2, Said it would not work for monitoring (Yes it will as I have made my own cable now)
3, Said the besst they would do is send me a 5foot cable I could cut and modify for 25$

Like I said I have made one so no biggie, but you may want to let your suppliers know (I contacted the suppliers you have listed for Canada and only One replied back)

Carplugs is in Canada, and it looks like they have the cable in stock:

http://www.carplugs.com/Product_list_Cables_1.html

We also ship internationally.

Vitaliy

Need to decode a diagnostic trouble code? Try DTCSearch.com
planethax

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2010, 01:03:28 PM »

They really in Canada?

They charge $5 to ship a $16 cable to the USA and $17 to ship the cable within Canada?
Vitaliy
ScanTool.net Staff
Veteran

Forum Cop

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2010, 09:25:27 PM »

They really in Canada?

They charge $5 to ship a $16 cable to the USA and $17 to ship the cable within Canada?

See my PM.

planethax

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2010, 11:31:31 AM »

I do not seem to have a PM from you?
Vitaliy
ScanTool.net Staff
Veteran

Forum Cop

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2010, 02:37:53 PM »

I do not seem to have a PM from you?

I used the email address in your profile. Did you not receive my message?

planethax

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2010, 09:29:14 PM »

Ahhhh, sorry, I didnt see it, dont check that email very often, need to update my profile.

I have replied,
Thanx again!
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
ScanTool.net Forum  |  ECU Hacking  |  GM  |  Topic: Hardare and info needed on getting bin from gm v6 « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length