Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2014, 07:55:17 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: OBDLink MX officially launched.

ScanTool.net Forum  |  Software  |  ScanMaster  |  Topic: Can Scan-Master be used as a Volvo Scan Tool? « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Can Scan-Master be used as a Volvo Scan Tool?  (Read 2151 times)
g-volvo

View Profile
« on: September 07, 2010, 08:24:09 PM »

Hello:
I'm sure this is a common question....
I'm running V2.1, Build 771.  I have no problem extracting OBD II information from my 1996 Volvo 850.  Is there a way a I can also extract Volvo specific codes ("EFI xxx") and more importantly send the ECU commands for activating specific components and functions.

If these features are not readily available is there some information on how to program some of these features thru open source platforms?

Any help to point me in the right direction would be appreciated.

Thanks

gian,
Chris Pearson

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2010, 10:10:57 PM »

Hi gian,

Is there a way a I can also extract Volvo specific codes ("EFI xxx")

This would require Volvo specific software and I am not aware of any readily-available software which would work in this situation.

... more importantly send the ECU commands for activating specific components and functions.

None of our software or hardware is currently bi-directional compatible (which is what would be required here). The boys are working on some things for OBDLink though.

Cheers,
Chris
tadawson

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2010, 09:13:14 AM »

Go find the software "Vol-FCR' - older versions can be found on the net.  Couple that with a $10 Vag-Com cable, and you get full access to everything on your 850! (On mine, I can even query the power seats!).

Unfortunately, the software won't support OBDLink or ElmScan, but it's a cheap addition to get you everything on that vintage Volvo.
(Note that Vol-FCR appears to *NOT* support the more recent CAN bus based Volvos, just the older stuff . . . ).

- Tim
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
ScanTool.net Forum  |  Software  |  ScanMaster  |  Topic: Can Scan-Master be used as a Volvo Scan Tool? « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length