Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2014, 06:48:17 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Added OBDLink MX forum board.

ScanTool.net Forum  |  Software  |  OBDwiz/TouchScan  |  Topic: Instruction manual « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Instruction manual  (Read 1196 times)
jcbrock

View Profile
« on: October 12, 2010, 06:37:19 AM »

I have seen the notices on the web site that OBDWiz does not ship with a manual, but is there an instruction manual available for download?  I have looked at the screenshots showing all of the things it will do, but I don't know why I would choose one setting over another in some cases.  I am very new to this, but enjoying it a lot!

Thanks!
Kaycie
Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2010, 11:18:29 AM »

OBDwiz doesn't ship with a manual, but there is a help feature in the program that explains some of the different settings and configurations.

~Kaycie
jcbrock

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2010, 11:58:59 AM »

Thanks, I'll look at that. 

Can you tell me how I can have a failed test under the Monitors section, but not a DTC?  According to the on-board monitors, my EGR is misbehaving, but the truck is running very smoothly.
Kaycie
Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2010, 12:56:28 PM »

The monitors are the emission tests. This could just mean that your truck doesn't support that test. You will need to make sure that it does and if it does it just means that part of the test failed. It could be a sensor malfunctioning or something like that.

~Kaycie
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
ScanTool.net Forum  |  Software  |  OBDwiz/TouchScan  |  Topic: Instruction manual « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length