Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2014, 01:30:25 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Added OBDLink MX forum board.

ScanTool.net Forum  |  Hardware  |  ElmScan 5 Compact  |  Topic: ELMSCAN 5 Compact worked with OBDWIZ but not with ScanMaster « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: ELMSCAN 5 Compact worked with OBDWIZ but not with ScanMaster  (Read 911 times)
tvgaman

View Profile
« on: April 15, 2011, 08:08:39 PM »

i just received my order of Elmscan 5 compact today.  followed the instructions and everything worked good as far as OBDWiZ goes.  installed other demo software suchas ScanMaster, ScanXL and Proscan and none of them would connect.  they all see the COM port but unable to identify the interface.  finally, i tried a demo software of PCMSCAN and that worked just fine.   OBDWIZ and PCSCAN worked every time since this afternoon on my 2000 Acura 3.5RL, but not other software like i mentioned above.

Which scan tool are you using?  ELMScan 5 compact
Connection type (serial port, USB, Bluetooth)?  USB
What is the operating system? Specify whether it is 32 or 64 bit WINDOWS 7 x32
What is the year, make, model, and country where the vehicle was purchased in, new? used 2000 Acura 3.5 RL
If known, what is the engine type (gasoline or diesel, number of cylinders, displacement). gasoline
Which software are you using (name + version)? OBDWIZ and PCMSCAN
Describe the problem in detail: ScanMaster, ScanXL and ProScan unable to connectg

Any idea?
Kaycie
Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2011, 12:54:44 PM »

Since the scan tool connects with OBDwiz, it seems like it is working properly.

I know some of the demos will connect but only show RPM because it is a demo. Is this what is happening?
tvgaman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2011, 05:11:50 PM »

thanks for the reply,
most demo beside PCMSCAN identified or recognized the COM port which is COM4, but unable to identified the interface or establish communication to the interface.   PCMSCAN and ODBWIZ connected to the device fine, of course PCMSCAN only let me see the rpm as you said.  weird ... seems liked Windows 7 x32 doesn't have the right driver but it is not becaused OBDWIZ is working perfectly fine...  i am new to the technology so as far as i can tell i get most function in OBDWIZ to work.    i may need to take some snapshots or pull it out from the logs so you see what i am seeing.  Huh
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
ScanTool.net Forum  |  Hardware  |  ElmScan 5 Compact  |  Topic: ELMSCAN 5 Compact worked with OBDWIZ but not with ScanMaster « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length