Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2014, 09:08:03 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Added OBDLink MX forum board.

ScanTool.net Forum  |  Software  |  OBDwiz/TouchScan  |  Topic: Readings on #2 O2 Sensors? « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Readings on #2 O2 Sensors?  (Read 664 times)
fulltimer

View Profile
« on: September 23, 2011, 02:09:33 PM »

I am attempting to troubleshoot o2 sensor problems.

On the Monitor/O2 Sensor tab screen, I can see that sensors 1 and 2, in bank 1 and 2 ,are all "available". I can only find value readings on sensors 1 in each bank.

Is there a way to view readings on the #2 sensors?

Also, the sensor 1 value readings appear as static numbers. Is there a way to see these  in real time?

If the answer to these questions is "no", is there other software that would give me those options?

Thanks,

Elm Scan 5. OBDwiz. USB. Windows XP home. 32 bit.
2003 Chevrolet Suburban. 5.3l. Gasoline. V8. USA purchased.
mjo151
Software Developers

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2011, 09:16:21 AM »

The Monitors->Oxygen Sensors page shows the results of the O2 tests as reported by the vehicle. This data is static in that you cannot view it in real-time. If your vehicle supports the O2 PIDs, then you can plot the data in real-time on the Logs->Strip Charts page. Click on the edit button at the bottom of the page and add the PIDs that you want to plot.

Regards,
Matt

fulltimer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2011, 07:27:24 PM »

So the OBD software will NOT read the values in real time. OK.

I went to the Logs/Stripchart/Edit/Plot Configuration screen. I only have 4 items listed on "available plots" and o2 sensors are not one of them.

Is there a way to add options into the "available plots" area?

Does my vehicle support o2 PID's?
I think it does, because I have had the vehicle on a scanner (Snap-On) at a shop and it was giving #2 O2 sensor readings in real time.

Thanks
fulltimer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2011, 08:19:40 PM »

Did some further reading on recent posts.
I was not connected while trying to locate the proper PID's . I then needed to turn off auto configure to add on the ones I wanted.

I think I am up and running. I got all the sensors to graph just right.

Thanks for the help...

Now I need to try and figure out what the numbers mean. Wink
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
ScanTool.net Forum  |  Software  |  OBDwiz/TouchScan  |  Topic: Readings on #2 O2 Sensors? « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length