Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 17, 2014, 01:16:47 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: OBDLink MX officially launched.

ScanTool.net Forum  |  Hardware  |  OBDLink SX  |  Topic: hyundai excel x3 1997 « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: hyundai excel x3 1997  (Read 1013 times)
ungku

View Profile
« on: October 25, 2011, 10:11:53 PM »

i received my obd link sx today and i test it to my hyundai excel x3 1997. The USB device was connected and everything seem look good. But when click ' connect', the is an error and i try to use automatic and same thing happen.

I bought this OBD Link Sx because of there are compatible with Korean car which is ISO 9141-2 ( if i'm not mistaken)..
So can u help me figure out this problem? I was thinking the software are wrong or not compatible.

Here are the error that came out from my laptop..

* obd.png (145.65 KB, 1366x768 - viewed 126 times.)
ungku

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2011, 10:16:15 PM »

sorry.. i did what exactly the 'Quick Start' said.. Install the driver, install the the OBDWiz software, plug the device, and connect to the scan tool... There are yellow light at the device and everything is ok..
Jason Smith
Engineer
ScanTool.net Staff
Veteran

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2011, 05:10:35 PM »

My guess is that your vehicle is not OBD-II compliant. Unless the Hyundai was exported from the United States, it seems very unlikely that a 1997 vehicle in Korea is OBD-II compliant. Can you verify that your vehicle is OBD-II compliant?

Thanks,
Jason

ungku

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2011, 10:25:14 PM »

thanks Jason for the reply..

Actually i tried to google in the internet but i can't find the car OBDII compliant. Can u guide me how to check inside the car or anywhere that i can find the car OBDII compliant?

Thanks again..
ungku

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2011, 10:27:27 PM »

Currently i'm in Australia and the car called " Hyundai Excel".. In wikipedia the car called "Hyundai Accent" in US...

Thanks..
Jason Smith
Engineer
ScanTool.net Staff
Veteran

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2011, 08:49:54 AM »

The best way to tell if a vehicle is OBD-II compliant is to connect a scanner to the vehicle and see if it connects. Since you have already completed that step, it seems likely that the vehicle is not OBD-II compliant  Sad.

If you have no use for the scan tool, you can contact sales@scantool.net for a refund.

Regards,
Jason

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
ScanTool.net Forum  |  Hardware  |  OBDLink SX  |  Topic: hyundai excel x3 1997 « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length