Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2014, 08:10:51 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: OBDLink MX officially launched.

ScanTool.net Forum  |  Hardware  |  OBDLink SX  |  Topic: OBDLink SX not connecting on chevrolet epica 2007 « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: OBDLink SX not connecting on chevrolet epica 2007  (Read 1070 times)
zeejdeej

View Profile
« on: November 02, 2011, 05:02:44 AM »

i recently bought OBDLink SX with obdwiz software and tried it on a couple of different vehicles and its not working on few like chevrolet epica 2007 and camry 2006. its working fine on chevrolet trailblazer 2005 and honda accord 2006.

kindly tell me a work around to get it working on my chevrolet epica 2007. i got my car tested from the dealer and it was connected to their handheld OBD II scanner and worked fine.

do i have to install some additional module or drivers for this car or there is something else ?

kindly suggest...
« Last Edit: November 02, 2011, 05:43:13 AM by zeejdeej » Logged
Jason Smith
Engineer
ScanTool.net Staff
Veteran

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2011, 11:59:37 AM »

Hi,

What country were the vehicles purchased in?

Could you create a log for the Epica? To create a log, launch OBDwiz and go to Diagnostics->Raw Data and click "Always Collect" if there is not a green check mark next to it, then connect. Copy/paste the data into your next post.

Thanks,
Jason

zeejdeej

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2011, 11:37:56 AM »

i managed to fix this connection issue with my epica 2007 by doing the following :

1. upgrading my obdwiz software to latest version
2. changing the USB port on my laptop

its connected now and working fine. few thing its not showing i.e oxygen sensors data and few other tabs. also i want to know what does the attached snapshot means ? its showing warning that this vehicle is not ready for emissions testing? kindly tell in detail what does that mean and how to fix these issues.

regards,

ZeejDeej

* emissions.JPG (156.42 KB, 1440x900 - viewed 126 times.)
Jason Smith
Engineer
ScanTool.net Staff
Veteran

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2011, 09:44:17 AM »

Hi ZeejDeej,

I'm glad you were able to connect to your Epica Smiley.

In the posted screen shot, your vehicle is reporting that several of your readiness monitors are not complete. This can mean that some of your emissions related systems are not functioning within spec. Unfortunately, we can not offer repair advice on this forum.

Regards,
Jason

zeejdeej

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2011, 11:03:17 AM »

yeh i can understand but atleast tell me what exactly these emission related error means and where to get info about the emission readiness test being shown in obdwiz.
Joe B
ScanTool.net Staff

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2011, 12:45:40 PM »

Hi zeejdeej,

Have you recently cleared any trouble codes? On many vehicles this resets all the monitors. If this is the case it may require several drive cycles to complete the remaining monitors.

Regards,

Joe
zeejdeej

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2011, 04:54:30 AM »

no i havent done any reset. can you please tell me what exactly these emission checks failure/incomplete means? i can check things one by one on my car to get them fix. thanks
Joe B
ScanTool.net Staff

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2011, 11:58:32 AM »

Hi zeejdeej,

The monitors simply tell you that the ECU has not seen specific conditions that it determines is normal for each system under test. In your case, it generically means that the ECU has not yet determined if the Catalytic converter, Oxygen sensor, Oxygen sensor Heater (built into the oxygen sensor) and EGR systems are functioning correctly. Replacing all those parts may or may not cause the monitor to complete depending on what exactly is wrong. You will need to inspect the EGR Valve, Catalytic Converter and oxygen sensor(s) for proper operation.

If I was going to test each of these I would:

EGR Valve
Actuate the EGR valve at idle momentary. While the valve is open the engine idle should be rough.

Oxygen Sensor Heater
Measure if voltage is being supplied to the heater element(s) and also measure the resistance of the heater element.

Oxygen Sensor
Graph the sensor; it should have a sinusoid like shape.

Catalyst
Drive the vehicle for several miles on the freeway. Then use a non-contact thermal scanner to measure the temperature of the catalyst and the pipes connected to it. The catalyst should be at a considerably higher temperature.

Please understand that I can't make any guarantees of success for these tests. There are based on my limited understanding of your vehicle as well as your technical ability.

Regards,

Joe
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
ScanTool.net Forum  |  Hardware  |  OBDLink SX  |  Topic: OBDLink SX not connecting on chevrolet epica 2007 « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length