OBDLink S is an OBD to RS232 interface in a small form factor, durable enclosure. It is perfect for permanent vehicle installations, situations where a USB port is not available, or where the workstation is located a significant distance from the vehicle being scanned. Typical applications include:
- Fleet management and tracking systems
- In-vehicle data logging
- Emissions testing
The free feature-packed OBDwiz diagnostic software included with the scan tool allows you to:
- Turn off check engine light, and erase stored diagnostic information
- Read and erase stored, pending, and permanent trouble codes (both generic and manufacturer-specific)
- Access freeze frame information
- Display, graph, and log 90+ real-time parameters
- Create custom digital dashboards
- Measure and display fuel economy
- And much more!
Premium diagnostic software, such as ScanXL and ScanMaster, offers a myriad of additional features including Dynometer, multi-language support, and data manipulation tools . ScanXL’s Enhanced Diagnostics Add-ons offer support for thousands of enhanced manufacturer-specific parameters, as well as ABS and other proprietary systems.
The firmware inside the OBDLink S unit is upgradeable, which means you can enjoy the latest features by downloading a free update.
- Small form factor
- RS-232 interface
- Baud rates from 9600 up to 1M baud
- Supports all legislated OBD protocols:
- ISO15765-4 (CAN)
- ISO14230-4 (Keyword Protocol 2000)
- ISO9141-2 (Asian, European, Chrysler vehicles)
- J1850 VPW (GM vehicles)
- J1850 PWM (Ford vehicles)
- PowerSave functionality (less than 1 mA standby current)
- Compatible with more diagnostic software than any other scan tool
- Extended command set allows the tool to perform enhanced diagnostics not possible with ELM327-based scan tools
- User upgradeable via free downloads
- +5V or +12V on pin 9 of the DB9 connector, allowing the connection of a wireless adapter, such as the FireFly
- Improved automatic protocol detection algorithm
- Smart keep-alive algorithm helps ensure a stable connection on ISO and KWP vehicles
- Large CAN memory buffer allows the scan tool to receive large amounts of data
- Greatly increased data throughput delivers faster screen updates and more graph points
- Dimensions: 3" x 1.7" (77 mm x 43 mm)
OBDLink S is compatible with all model year 1996 & newer cars and light trucks sold in the United States, including all American, European, and Asian vehicles. OBD legislation varies from country to country, therefore if you reside outside the United States, make sure that your vehicle is OBD-2 compliant before purchasing this product. If you are in doubt, please remember that you can return the scan tool for a full refund within 90 days of purchase.
- OBDLink S unit
- Serial cable (6 feet/1.8 m)
- OBD-II cable (6 feet/1.8 m)
- Quick Start Guide
- License key for OBDwiz software
DownloadsOBDLink S board.
This product comes with an unconditional 90-day money-back guarantee, and a 3 year warranty.