OBDLink® MX is a budget-priced, pocket-size Bluetooth OBD-II adapter for all OBD-II compliant vehicles (except hybrid or electric vehicles). It can be used as a diagnostic scan tool, trip computer, logger, and real-time performance monitor. OBDLink® MX surpassed performance in every competing Bluetooth OBD-II adapter, delivering 300% more data samples per second. Its BatterySaver™ sleep mode allows the adapter to stay plugged in continually, without draining the vehicle’s battery.
Unlike the vast majority of Bluetooth OBD adapters, which constantly broadcast their presence and use an easy-to-guess 4-digit PIN, OBDLink® MX utilizes a unique multi-layered link security mechanism, eliminating the risk of unauthorized access. OBDLink MX’s support of the de facto standard ELM327 command set, makes it compatible with tons of third-party OBD software and mobile apps.
- Turn off the check engine light, and erase stored diagnostic information
- Read and erase stored, pending, and permanent trouble codes (both generic and manufacturer-specific)
- Access freeze frame information
- Display, graph, and log 90+ real-time parameters
- Create custom digital dashboards
- Measure and display fuel economy
- And much more!
- Maximum vehicle coverage (Verify your vehicle is OBD-II compliant)
- Supports SW-CAN & MS-CAN protocols
- World’s fastest Bluetooth OBD-II adapter
- Small form factor
- Read & clear 'Check Engine' light
- Automatic sleep & wake-up
- Free Android app & Windows diagnostic software
- More 3rd party app & software options
- Free firmware updates
|DEVICE WEIGHT||3 oz (80 g)|
|DIMENSIONS||1.97 x 1.77 x 0.91 in (51 x 45 x 23 mm)|
|SUPPORTS ALL OBD-II PROTOCOLS||Yes|
|SUPPORTS SINGLE-WIRE CAN (GMLAN)||Yes|
|SUPPORTS FORD MEDIUM-SPEED CAN (MS-CAN)||Yes|
|OPERATING CURRENT||68 mA|
|BATTERYSAVER™ MODE||< 2 mA|
|OPERATING VOLTAGE||8-18V DC|
|OPERATING TEMPERATURE||-4º to 131º F (-20º to 55º C)|
|OPERATING HUMIDITY||10 to 85% (non-condensing)|
|MAXIMUM PARAMETER ID (PID) RATE||~100 PIDs/second for PC & Android|
|WARRANTY||OBDLink® MX comes with an unconditional 90-day money-back guarantee, and a 3 year warranty.
- Legislated OBD protocols:
- ISO 15765-4 (CAN 250/500 kbps, 11/29 bit)
- ISO 14230-4 (Keyword Protocol 2000)
- ISO 9141-2 (Asian, European, Chrysler)
- SAE J1850 VPW (GM)
- SAE J1850 PWM (Ford)
- SAE J2411 Single-Wire CAN (SW-CAN) - GM proprietary network
- Medium-Speed CAN (MS-CAN) - Ford proprietary network
- Smartphones (Android 2.2 and newer)
- Tablets (Android 2.3.3 and newer)
- Bluetooth-enabled PCs, Laptops, Netbooks (Windows XP SP2 and newer)
- Phone (Windows Phone 8 and newer)
- Tablets (Windows 8 and newer)
- Smartphone (BB 10.0.0.0 and newer)
- Tablet (BB 126.96.36.199 and newer)
- Not supported
Apps & Firmware
Customer Reviews (16)
- 1st tool out of my toolbox on a customers car/truckReview by Marty the Mobile Mechanic
Sometimes my customers are in their offices/homes or out of town and I am able to do a quick "screen shot" of the Trouble Code screen and the PID screens, Then, I instantly text the OBDLink "screenshots' to their smart phones. So easy to explain ..."a picture is worth ten thousand words". In just a moments time, my customer sees this beautiful, professional text/screenshots of their "check engine light" problems on their smart phones.
OBDLink also features a "web lookup" that gives more information to "share" with the customer via texting.
I never need to bother them in their workplace/ (often I am out diagnosing the vehicle in an office parking lot)
The customer just looks at the screenshots/ information and usually gives me the go ahead to do the repair work (no "face to face" necessary) ..and they can refer to the OBDLink info as a permanent text "record" to show their husbands/partners or daughters text the info to their Dads for the "old man's" approval...
This saves a whole lot of paperwork...and a text is a legal document.!!
I trust the information OBDLink MX gives me and my customers....and they give me lots of business...based on this incredible scan "tool"
..Thank you OBDLink MX
. You guyz at OBDLink rock!!!!
-- Feb 8, 2014 5:39:06 PM (Posted on 2/8/2014)
- OBDLink MX works greatReview by Steve
-- Nov 15, 2013 12:42:15 PM (Posted on 11/15/2013)
- obdlinkReview by marcin
--Nov 12, 2013 1:43:18 PM (Posted on 11/12/2013)
- The bluetooth you are having without bluetoothReview by Matt
May 21, 2013 4:12:58 PM
RESPONSE: MX Bluetooth does work with the vast majority of Android phones & tablets, although it doesn't work with the iOS.
We purposefully handle all of tech support from our forum because we find this to be more valuable. When customers have the similar questions, posting in a thread allows accessibility to answers any time of day or night. It is a wealth of information and our engineers are excellent at responding quickly to individual concerns. (Posted on 5/21/2013)
- No supportReview by Grumpy
-- May 6, 2013 12:21:54 PM
RESPONSE: We do not have automated email responses, our staff answers email multiple times per day. We handle all tech support from our forum purposefully to be of more help to the customer. Since there may be many customers with the same question, the forum allows you to run a search and have more access to information even when our offices are closed. (Posted on 5/6/2013)
- Good but not that good. Review by Zenya
-- Mar 24, 2013 8:58:52 AM (Posted on 3/24/2013)
- Really happy with OBD LinkReview by Steven
With OBD Link I was able to see which precat 02 sensor was bad and why. Also found a bad t-stat on my Mini. It's already paid for itself 3 times over. I'll though out the POS Chinese adapters that I bought that worked only for a short time.
-- Mar 17, 2013 6:12:44 PM (Posted on 3/17/2013)
- AmazingReview by James Millar
After extensive research, I chose the OBDLink MX. I needed something fast, compact, and reliable, and everything I found suggested this was the best.
Since receiving it, our full-function Snap-On scanner has stayed in its box - the OBDLink MX is faster and more convenient. I'm using it with Torque ( pro, but I started with Lite and it worked great).
ScanTool.net is great too - I bought the tool at full price, then they refunded me $50 because it went on sale before my payment cleared, That was far beyond my expectations, and has completely sold me on their customer service.
--Jan 20, 2013 11:38:51 AM (Posted on 1/20/2013)
- AwesomeReview by Kevin
-- Oct 7, 2012 6:08:49 PM (Posted on 10/7/2012)
- the best Review by Lanceuae
-- Sep 28, 2012 5:25:04 PM
(Posted on 9/28/2012)
- Great device!Review by Scotty
Sep 28, 2012 3:13:32 AM (Posted on 9/27/2012)
- Time saverReview by Jackson's Garage
-- Sep 27, 2012 1:44:58 PM (Posted on 9/27/2012)
- Great itemReview by FUN42
Sep 27, 2012 3:35:04 AM (Posted on 9/26/2012)
- OBDLink MX + Torque = BlissReview by ion
The OBDLink MX solves many of the issues that I would have had a hard time dealing with after adding Bluetooth to my old OBDLink. Namely, the MX goes to sleep automatically after you turn the car off (I would have had to manually unplug the old OBDLink), it supports an additional CAN protocol that my vehicle uses, it's small and has no wires that need hiding like my old OBDLink, it supports faster data rates than the OBDLink, and the Bluetooth protocol is far more secure, so I don't have to worry about some dude pulling up next to me and fiddling with my ECU.
ScanTool.net allowed me to trade in my old OBDLink for a significantly reduced price on the OBDLink MX. I made the swap and I couldn't be happier. I have the device connected 24/7 in my car and Torque Pro on my smartphone. I have a server running this guy's code (http://torque.ip.v6.me.uk/) at home and Torque will send logs from my car directly to my home server. I can then pull up any of my trip logs at home and views things like boost pressure, G-forces, speed, and mpg at any instant during my trip plotted with GPS coordinates on Google Maps. The OBDLink MX's speed allows me to get extremely impressive temporal resolution logging on over 15 different PIDs.
The OBDLink MX is a great piece of engineering, and ScanTool.net's service is excellent. I look forward to racing my car in the future and being able to go back and look at the nitty gritty details of what was going on with my car and where.
Aug 26, 2012 4:49:04 PM (Posted on 8/26/2012)
- Well Built OBDII Interface!Review by AK [Amazon review]
-- Jan 31st, 2012 (Posted on 7/11/2012)
- A Great ProductReview by Jimmy [Amazon Review]
-- Jan 9th, 2012 (Posted on 7/11/2012)