ScanXL™ is the most advanced diagnostic software package that works with ScanTool.net scan tools. Almost every part of the software is customizable and configurable: from the color, scale, and line width of the graphs, to the look of the gauges, to the built-in scripting support. Ford, Mazda, and GM add-ons (sold separately) provide access to thousands of enhanced parameters not available through generic OBD.
- Compatible with all PC-based scan tools sold on this website.
- Supports all OBD-II compliant vehicles, including EOBD and JOBD vehicles. See complete list of supported vehicles.
- Works on Windows PCs.
- Scalable vector graphics look great at any resolution.
- Dyno and Drag Strip< measure horsepower (manual transmission only) and acceleration.
- Customizable Graphs, Maps, and Gauges help make sense of the data.
- With Freeze Frames you will be able to retrieve a "snap-shot" of sensor data when your ECU stores trouble codes.
- Don't wait until you have a problem with your vehicle. Use ScanXL's Data Logger to record healthy engine parameters and use that data to help spot problems in the future.
- Alerts feature produces an audible warning when a parameter value(coolant temperature, RPM, etc) goes outside normal operating range (Pro version only).
- After clearing trouble codes, check Monitor Status to see if your vehicle is ready for emissions testing.
- The Vehicle Manager can keep track of multiple vehicles and owners simultaneously.
- Multi-language support: German, Portuguese, Dutch, Polish, Italian, Greek, and Spanish.
- We regret that we are unable to offer refunds on software purchases.
- Your license key and a download link will be emailed to you within 1 business day.
- This product is download-only.
|OBD-II Scan Tool||ScanXL™ Pro||ScanXL™ Std||DashCommand™|
|Freeze Frame Data||Yes||Yes||No|
|Read Diagnostic Trouble Codes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Clear Diagnostic Trouble Codes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Oxygen Sensor Test Results||Yes||Yes||No|
|Vehicle & Calibration Information||Yes||Yes||No|
|Software Features||ScanXL™ Pro||ScanXL™ Std||DashCommand™|
|English & Metric Units||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Multiple Language Support||Yes||Yes||No|
|Customizable Live Data||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|CSV Export of Logged Data||Yes||Yes||No|
|Data Log Bookmarks||Yes||Yes||No|
|Printing & Print Preview||Yes||Yes||No|
|Enhanced Features||ScanXL™ Pro||ScanXL™ Std||DashCommand™|
|Customizable Data Alerts||Yes||No||No|
|Custom Plugin Support||Yes||No||No|
|Diagnostic Coverage||ScanXL™ Pro||ScanXL™ Std||DashCommand™|
|Generic OBD-II Diagnostics||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Ford Powertrain (Engine, Transmission)||Yes||Yes||No|
|GM Powertrain (Engine, Transmission)||Yes||Yes||No|
|Mazda Powertrain (Engine, Transmission)||Yes||Yes||No|
|Chrysler Enhanced Diagnostics||Maybe||Maybe||No|
|Toyota Enhanced Diagnostics||Maybe||Maybe||No|
|OBD-II Protocols||ScanXL™ Pro||ScanXL™ Std||DashCommand™|
|ISO 14230 (KWP)||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|ISO 15765 (CAN)||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Platforms||ScanXL™ Pro||ScanXL™ Std||DashCommand™|
|In-Vehicle Computers (CarPC)||No||No||Yes|
|Touch Screen Friendly||No||No||Yes|
|External Hardware||ScanXL™ Pro||ScanXL™ Std||DashCommand™|
|LM-1 & LC-1 Wide Band O2 Sensor||Yes||No||Yes|
|AEM UEGO Wide Band O2 Sensor||Yes||No||Yes|
|TechEdge Wide Band O2 Sensor||Yes||No||Yes|
|PLX iMFD Sensor Module||Yes||No||Yes|
|Zeitronix Wide Band O2 Sensor||Yes||No||Yes|
|Supported (licensed separately)|
Customer Reviews (4)
- It's OK.Review by Matt
I agree with previous review. Stick with the free OBDwiz unless you're buying add-ons. Not worth the extra money.
The biggest disappointment; absolutely NO Chrysler/Dodge support. If you only own Chryslers, don't bother with this software at all. Just use the free version.
-- Oct 25, 2012 11:56:44 AM (Posted on 10/25/2012)
- very stripped down versionReview by repare
I was happy the my OBDII Scan unit finally connected. However, the idea of getting this software was to record freeze errors and DTCs. The software does not do this as a standalone program. I discovered I must purchase a plug in database of Ford DTC codes to pinpoint the exact unit of MIL indicators. Very disappointed. One nice feature missing, is diagnostics of ECU failure itself.
-- Oct 25, 2012 7:49:32 AM (Posted on 10/25/2012)
- Helpful tool...for the SAE valuesReview by Robert
The ScanXL is an impressive tool for the money. I currently have Palmer Engineering looking at the values that I am getting with my Mazda add on. The current values are waaay off for the drive train/engine PID's. I will let you know what they find. (Posted on 10/24/2012)
- Does a good job when purchased enhancedReview by Vio
A superior diagnostics soft. Compared to ScanMaster (which is garbage) that I tried using before this one works flawlessly and has a nice user friendly interface. Now here is the drawback. If you buy the Scan XL as a stand alone program you might as well stick to your free OBDwiz.. Problem: it's too basic and limited , in that very few IPDs are displayed. Connected it to my Volvo but couldn't see much useful info, Equal to OBDwiz capabilities.
But... when I connected to my Saturn with the enhanced GM add-on I was ecstatic. I could see in detail what went on inside the transmission. Even the gear ratio. I was in awe. Also helped me to understand why the airbag light was on. Saved me $100 on airbag diagnostic. As for the ABS feature that was a letdown. Apparently only 2007 and newer GM vehicles have the ABS feature written for them. Disappointing as mine was 2005. Overall I am satisfied with the program. Useful to have when you know how to read the data and the graphs.
Aug 25, 2012 7:27:13 AM
(Posted on 8/25/2012)