The compact and durable ElmScan ISO scan tool supports two protocols: ISO9141-2 and ISO14230-4 (also known as "Keyword Protocol 2000"). The scan tool is compatible with many Asian, European, and Chrysler vehicles, and ships with a number of compatible programs. It will install as a virtual COM port on any USB compatible computer.
Use the following article to determine whether your vehicle is using one of the ISO protocols: Which OBD-II protocol is supported by my vehicle?
|Output protocol:||USB, Virtual COM port|
|Indicator LEDs:||Power, OBD Tx/Rx, PC Tx/Rx|
|Operating voltage:||12V, internal protection from short circuits/overvoltages|
|Dimensions:||3.75" x 1.7" (95 mm x 43 mm)|
- ElmScan ISO USB Unit
- USB A/B Cable, (6 ft)
- OBD-II Cable (6 ft)
- Quick Start Guide
- Software CD
Why buy ScanTool.net products?
The short answer is, when you buy from ScanTool.net, you get the most value for your money.
We were the first company on the market to offer inexpensive, sophisticated PC-based scan tools at a price anyone, not just the professional mechanics, can afford. It continues to be our mission to this day, and we believe we do it better than anybody else.
When you buy scan tools from ScanTool.net, you get:
- Fast, inexpensive shipping. Most orders are shipped same day from our facility in Phoenix, Arizona.
- Risk-free, hassle-free 90-day unconditional money back guarantee.
- Best warranty in the industry. Your scan tool is covered by a 3-year material and labor warranty. If it fails, we will promptly repair or replace it free of charge.
- Best customer service.
- Free, unlimited technical support. Our technical support personnel interacts directly with the design engineers, so you get the answers to even the most complicated questions, quickly. At the same time, the engineers use the feedback to further improve the products.
Highest quality. We ensure it by:
- Continuously improving the design of our scan tools.
- Using only genuine, high quality components.
- Thorough, multi-phase testing.
- Compatibility with the widest range of vehicles.
- Support. See what other customers say about this tool, and ask questions on the Forum: ElmScan ISO USB board
We are proud to offer a complete line of PC-based scan tools, which cover all OBD-II compliant vehicles, and sell for under $150 (some for under $100). Thanks to their open architecture, our scan tools are compatible with a wide range of software, including free and open-source diagnostic programs, as well as different hardware platforms, including Palm- and PocketPC-powered devices.
|SUPPORTS ALL OBD-II PROTOCOLS||Yes|
|SUPPORTS SINGLE-WIRE CAN (GMLAN)||Yes|
|SUPPORTS FORD MEDIUM-SPEED CAN (MS-CAN)||Yes|
|OPERATING TEMPERATURE||-4º to 131º F (-20º to 55º C)|
|OPERATING VOLTAGE||8-18V DC|
|OPERATING HUMIDITY||10 to 85% (non-condensing)|
|MAXIMUM PARAMETER ID (PID) RATE||N/A|
Customer Reviews (1)
- Very great help to the hobby mechanicReview by S_Frolund
- I used it a lot of times on both a Suzuki Grand Vitara ´02 and a Mercedes Vito ´03 and it works like a charm. I bought it most for fun, but it has been very helpfull because I have had a lot of problems with the Suzuki. I like it that much that I am thinking about upgrading til the ElmScan 5. (Posted on 7/25/2009)