Regular Price: $119.95
Special Price: $99.95
Regular Price: $49.95
Special Price: $29.95
We're glad to have you on our site. You are here probably because you are looking for a scan tool (also known as "OBD adapter", "code reader", or "OBD scanner"). If so, you've come to the right place! ScanTool.net is a leader in providing automotive diagnostic solutions for professional and personal use. We sell scan tools for all OBD-II compliant cars and light trucks.
What is "OBD", anyway?
OBD, or On-Board Diagnostics, is a computer-based system found on most modern vehicles, whose main job is to keep tabs on the emission levels. Over the years, OBD systems grew more sophisticated, and today can provide access to hundreds of vehicle parameters. Check out The US Environmental Protection Agency's article for more information about OBD and its benefits.
What vehicles are supported?
Our scan tools work on all 1996 and newer cars and light trucks sold in the United States. Is your vehicle is OBD-II compliant?
As a global company with a large international customer base, we say that our scan tools work with OBD-II and its international equivalents: EOBD in Europe, JOBD in Japan, as well as Canadian, Australian, Brazilian, and others. In general, non-US OBD legislation lags by a few years, and is more complicated than US legislation.
What is a "scan tool"?
A scan tool is an adapter used to access OBD-II information. They come in various shapes and sizes, but there are two basic types: stand-alone and smart phone & PC-based. Stand-alone scan tools do not require a computer, typically have a small screen with a minimalistic interface, run only proprietary software with limited functionality, and are costly.
Smart phone & PC-based scan tools feature:
- Large, easy-to-read screen
- Unlimited storage for data logging
- Wide selection of diagnostic apps & software
- Remote data acquisition
Our smart phone & PC-based scan tools can:
- Turn off the check engine light
- Check emissions readiness
- Read and erase trouble codes
- Display real time parameters
- Record data for later playback
- Plot data in the form of graphs & maps
- Display customizable digital gauges
- Serve as a dynamometer
- Provide a drag strip feature
- Generate printable diagnostic reports
- Access manufacturer-specific information
Why buy from ScanTool.net?
We were the first company on the market to offer inexpensive, sophisticated scan tools at a price anyone, not just professional mechanics, can afford. When you buy from ScanTool.net, you get the most value for your money and it continues to be our mission to this day. We offer:
- Fast, inexpensive shipping
- 90-day unconditional money back guarantee
- 3-year material and labor warranty
- Highest quality. We ensure it by:
- Continuously improving the design of our scan tools
- Insisting on using only high quality components
- Thorough testing
- Best technical support
- Maximum vehicle compatibility