ElmScan VPW scan tool supports the J1850 VPW protocol used mostly in General Motors vehicles. Be sure to determine the communication protocol used in your vehicle before purchasing this scan tool.
|Processor:||ELM322, crystal-controlled for accuracy|
|Indicator LEDs:||OBD Tx/Rx, RS232 Tx/Rx, Power|
|Operating voltage:||12V, internal protection from short circuits/overvoltages|
|Dimensions:||3"x4" (76x102 mm)|
- ElmScan VPW interface board
- Serial Cable (6ft/1.8m)
- OBD-II Cable (6ft/1.8m)
- Software CD
Why buy ScanTool.net products?
The short answer is, when you buy from ScanTool.net, you get the most value for your money.
We were the first company on the market to offer inexpensive, sophisticated PC-based scan tools at a price anyone, not just the professional mechanics, can afford. It continues to be our mission to this day, and we believe we do it better than anybody else.
When you buy scan tools from ScanTool.net, you get:
- Fast, inexpensive shipping. Most orders are shipped same day from our facility in Phoenix, Arizona.
- Risk-free, hassle-free 90-day unconditional money back guarantee.
- Best warranty in the industry. Your scan tool is covered by a 12-month material and labor warranty. If it fails, we will promptly repair or replace it free of charge.
- Best customer service. If you have a question, you can call us and talk to a live person.
- Free, unlimited technical support. Our technical support personnel interacts directly with the design engineers, so you get the answers to even the most complicated questions, quickly. At the same time, the engineers use the feedback to further improve the products.
Highest quality. We ensure it by:
- Continuously improving the design of our scan tools.
- Using only genuine, high quality components.
- Thorough, multi-phase testing.
- Compatibility with the widest range of vehicles.
We are proud to offer a complete line of PC-based scan tools, which cover all OBD-II compliant vehicles, and sell for under $150 (some for under $100). Thanks to their open architecture, our scan tools are compatible with a wide range of software, including free and open-source diagnostic programs, as well as different hardware platforms, including Palm- and PocketPC-powered devices.
|SUPPORTS ALL OBD-II PROTOCOLS||Yes|
|SUPPORTS SINGLE-WIRE CAN (GMLAN)||Yes|
|SUPPORTS FORD MEDIUM-SPEED CAN (MS-CAN)||Yes|
|OPERATING TEMPERATURE||-4º to 131º F (-20º to 55º C)|
|OPERATING VOLTAGE||8-18V DC|
|OPERATING HUMIDITY||10 to 85% (non-condensing)|
|MAXIMUM PARAMETER ID (PID) RATE||N/A|