OBDwiz License Agreement
Version 1.3, October 2013
READ THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS LICENSE AGREEMENT CAREFULLY BEFORE LOADING THE COMPUTER SOFTWARE THEREIN, AND THE ACCOMPANYING DOCUMENTATION (THE "PROGRAM"). THE PROGRAM IS COPYRIGHTED AND LICENSED (NOT SOLD). BY LOADING THE PROGRAM YOU ARE ACCEPTING AND AGREEING TO THE TERMS OF THIS LICENSE AGREEMENT. IF YOU ARE NOT WILLING TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS OF THIS LICENSE AGREEMENT, YOU SHOULD NOT CONTINUE INSTALLING THE PROGRAM. THIS LICENSE AGREEMENT REPRESENTS THE ENTIRE AGREEMENT CONCERNING THE PROGRAM BETWEEN YOU AND CREATOR OF THE SOFTWARE (REFERRED TO AS "LICENSOR"), AND IT SUPERSEDES ANY PRIOR PROPOSAL, REPRESENTATION, OR UNDERSTANDING BETWEEN THE PARTIES.
1. License Grant. Licensor hereby grants to you, and you accept, a nonexclusive license to use the Program Distribution Media and the computer programs contained therein in machine-readable, object code form only (collectively referred to as the "Software"), and the accompanying User Documentation, only as authorized in this License Agreement.
The Software may be used only on a single computer owned, leased, or otherwise controlled by you; or in the event of the inoperability of that computer, on a backup computer selected by you. Neither concurrent use on two or more computers nor use in a local area network or other network is permitted without separate authorization and the payment of other license fees.
You agree that you may not reverse assemble, reverse compile, or otherwise translate the Software.
You agree that you may not link, build against, or include any of the binaries, assemblies, or libraries included with the Software in any other application or utility.
Upon loading the Software into your computer, you may retain the Program Distribution Media for backup purposes. You may make one (1) archival copy of the Software provided you affix to such copy all copyright, confidentiality, and proprietary notices that appear on the original. Except as authorized under this paragraph, no copies of the Program or any portions thereof may be made by you or any person under your authority or control.
2. Licensor's Rights. You acknowledge and agree that the Software and the documentation are proprietary products of Licensor protected under copyright law. You further acknowledge and agree that all right, title, and interest in and to the Program, including associated intellectual property rights, are and shall remain with Licensor. This License Agreement does not convey to you an interest in or to the Program, but only a limited right of use revocable in accordance with the terms of this License Agreement.
3. License Fees. The license fees paid by you are paid in consideration of the licenses granted under this License Agreement.
4. Term. This License Agreement is effective upon loading the Program and shall continue until terminated. You may terminate this License Agreement at any time by returning the Program and all copies thereof and extracts therefrom to Licensor. Licensor may terminate this License Agreement upon the breach by you of any term hereof. Upon such termination by Licensor, you agree to return to Licensor the Program and all copies and portions thereof.
5. Limited Warranty. Licensor warrants, for your benefit alone, for a period of 90 days from the date of commencement of this License Agreement (referred to as the "Warranty Period") that the Program Distribution Media in which the Software is contained are free from defects in material and workmanship. Licensor further warrants, for your benefit alone, that during the Warranty Period the Program shall operate substantially in accordance with the functional specifications. If during the Warranty Period, a defect in the Program appears, you may return the Program to Licensor for either replacement or, if so elected by Licensor, refund of amounts paid by you under this License Agreement. You agree that the foregoing constitutes your sole and exclusive remedy for breach by Licensor of any warranties made under this Agreement. EXCEPT FOR THE WARRANTIES SET FORTH ABOVE, THE PROGRAM, AND THE SOFTWARE CONTAINED THEREIN, ARE LICENSED "AS IS," AND LICENSOR DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
6. Limitation of Liability. Licensor's cumulative liability to you or any other party for any loss or damages resulting from any claims, demands, or actions arising out of or relating to this Agreement shall not exceed the license fee paid to Licensor for the use of the Program. In no event shall Licensor be liable for any indirect, incidental, consequential, special, or exemplary damages, even if Licensor has been advised of the possibility of such damages. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
7. Governing Law. This License Agreement shall be construed and governed in accordance with the laws of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
8. Severability. Should any term of this License Agreement be declared void or unenforceable by any court of competent jurisdiction, such declaration shall have no effect on the remaining terms hereof.
9. No Waiver. The failure of either party to enforce any rights granted hereunder or to take action against the other party in the event of any breach hereunder shall not be deemed a waiver by that party as to subsequent enforcement of rights or subsequent actions in the event of future breaches.
10. Miscellaneous. Licensing information may be collected by the Licensor to ensure compliance with the terms of this license agreement.