Everything you need to diagnose your vehicle's problems, in a single package.
- Turn off Check Engine Light
- Check Emissions Readiness
- Read and Erase Trouble Codes
- Display real-time parameters
- 90 money back guarantee
- Full three year warranty
- ElmScan 5 unit
- Serial cable (DB9F to DB9M)
- OBD-II cable
- Quick Start guide
- ScanTool.net Software CD
ElmScan 5 supports all OBDII protocols and ships with a number of compatible programs.
|Baud rate:||9600 or 38400|
|Indicator LEDs:||OBD Tx/Rx, RS232 Tx/Rx, Power|
|Operating voltage:||12V, internal protection from short circuits/overvoltages|
|Dimensions:||3.75" x 1.7" (95 mm x 43 mm|
The ElmScan 5 is a fully OBDII compliant PC-based scan tool designed to connect to a PC's serial port. The ElmScan 5 works right out of the box and includes the user-friendly diagnostic software ScanTool.net v1.13.
ScanTool.net will not only read and clear trouble codes, but also help you interpret the results by displaying the definition from its library of over 3000 generic OBDII codes. With the ability to display up to 72 different OBDII parameters in real-time, ScanTool.net is a powerful diagnostic tool.
The ElmScan 5 is compatible with a number of software applications. As a bonus, included is a host of free and trial applications (including open source) that allow you to explore the different software options available to get the job done.
Why buy ScanTool.net products?
The short answer is, when you buy from ScanTool.net, you get the most value for your money.
We were the first company on the market to offer inexpensive, sophisticated PC-based scan tools at a price anyone, not just the professional mechanics, can afford. It continues to be our mission to this day, and we believe we do it better than anybody else.
When you buy scan tools from ScanTool.net, you get:
- Fast, inexpensive shipping. Most orders are shipped same day from our facility in Phoenix, Arizona.
- Risk-free, hassle-free 90-day unconditional money back guarantee.
- Best warranty in the industry. Your scan tool is covered by a 3-year material and labor warranty. If it fails, we will promptly repair or replace it free of charge.
- Best customer service.
- Free, unlimited technical support. Our technical support personnel interacts directly with the design engineers, so you get the answers to even the most complicated questions, quickly. At the same time, the engineers use the feedback to further improve the products.
Highest quality. We ensure it by:
- Continuously improving the design of our scan tools.
- Using only genuine, high quality components.
- Thorough, multi-phase testing.
- Compatibility with the widest range of vehicles.
- Support. See what other customers say about this tool, and ask questions on the Forum: ElmScan 5 board
We are proud to offer a complete line of PC-based scan tools, which cover all OBD-II compliant vehicles, and sell for under $150 (some for under $100). Thanks to their open architecture, our scan tools are compatible with a wide range of software, including free and open-source diagnostic programs, as well as different hardware platforms, including Palm- and PocketPC-powered devices.
You may also be interested in the following product(s)