OBDLink for Android Update: Version 4.2.0 and 4.2.1
This entry was posted on March 8, 2017.
An update for OBDLink for Android app has just been released on Google Play and the Amazon Appstore.
OBDLink v4.2.1 Release Notes
- Added a firmware recovery utility that can be used to load firmware on devices with invalid firmware.
- Added a preference to not show the communication error dialog.
- Fixed a bug that could case "Loading vehicle data" to appear when the app was running in the background.
OBDLink v4.2.0 Release Notes
- Replaced the Connect on Startup option with support for automatically connecting to the adapter when the automatic connection option is enabled.
- Added support for a bitwise AND “&” operator in user-defined PID equations.
- Made improvements to connection reliability to prevent a communication error from occurring in some rare cases where the vehicle does not respond to a request within a specific amount of time.
- Added a preference to always show the soft menu button.
- Added a way to enter the numerical color value (ARGB) when setting colors in the gauge style editor.
Please note: Availability of PIDs is dependent on vehicle year, make and model. Not all vehicles support all calculated PID values.