Connects In Seconds
The cable is detachable at the ScanGauge II and can be connected on the back or side of the unit. Once connected to your vehicles OBDII port, the ScanGaugeII automatically negotiates communications with your cars computer - It's that easy!
Fits Almost Anywhere
The compact size of the ScanGaugeII allows you to mount just about anywhere. It's so small, you can even slip it into your pocket and take it with you.
The dimensions of the ScanGaugeII are 4.8" wide by 1.5" high by 1.0" deep. The cord from the diagnostic connector to the control/display is 6' long and about 0.2" in diameter.
Built-In Scan Tool
The ScanGauge II can check for Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTCs) and if found, can display how many there are and the Trouble Codes themselves. Using the internet or repair manuals, these can be translated to the failed component and repairs can be made.
Data captured when the Trouble Code was set can be recalled to help troubleshoot the problems (was the temperature hot or cold, speed high or low, etc). The ScanGauge II can be used to clear the trouble codes and data which will turn off the warning (Check Engine, Service Engine soon, etc) lamp.
Some states now require that vehicle self tests have been completed since the codes were last cleared, before running emissions checks. The ScanGauge reports this "Readiness".
- Reads Trouble Codes
- Reads Conditions that set the Trouble Code
- Clears Trouble Codes
- Turns off "Check Engine" light
- Tells you when vehicle is "Ready" to pass OBDII testing
- Make and store up to 10 rewritable special codes to send to the vehicle computer
- Ships with the latest version of X-Gauge
The ScanGauge II can display up to 4 of 12 possible gauges at one time. The units of measure can be changed and the rate of update can be increased or decreased.
- Fuel Economy
- Fuel Rate
- Battery Voltage
- Coolant Temperature
- Intake Air Temperature
- Engine Speed (RPM)
- Vehicle speed (MPH and KM/H)
- Manifold Pressure (not available on some vehicles)
- Engine Load
- Throttle Position
- Ignition Timing
- Open/Closed Loop
The CURRENT trip is restarted after the engine has been off for more than 3 minutes. The TODAY trip is restarted after the vehicle has not moved for 9 hours. The data from TODAY is moved to PREVIOUS DAY when it is restarted. This way, you don't have to reset the trip computers when you start a trip. There is also a TANK Trip which you reset when you fill up the tank. It can provide you with "to empty" data as well as other useful information. The information is available anytime during the trip. The CURRENT trip can be reset. This is useful for making fuel economy measurements at a steady speed.
The GAUGE mode can display instantaneous fuel economy, but small variations in throttle, terrain or even wind will cause this to wander around some. The CURRENT trip computer and its RESET capability can smooth this out over a longer distance. A demonstration of how to do this can be chosen below.
The TRIP modes in the ScanGauge II can be used to save gas. Improved driving habits can improve fuel economy by up to 30% according to a US Government source. The ScanGauge II lets you try different driving techniques and routes and gives quick feedback on how they affect fuel use.
- Maximum Speed
- Average Speed
- Maximum Coolant Temperature
- Maximum RPM
- Driving Time
- Driving Distance
- Fuel Used
- Trip Fuel Economy
- Distance to Empty
- Time to Empty
- Fuel to Empty
- ScanGaugeII unit
- 1 ScanGaugeII cable, (6 ft)
- ScanGaugeII manual
- 2 velcro strips
Why buy ScanTool.net products?
The short answer is, when you buy from ScanTool.net, you get the most value for your money.
We were the first company on the market to offer inexpensive, sophisticated PC-based scan tools at a price anyone, not just the professional mechanics, can afford. It continues to be our mission to this day, and we believe we do it better than anybody else.
When you buy scan tools from ScanTool.net, you get:
- Fast, inexpensive shipping. Most orders are shipped same day from our facility in Phoenix, Arizona.
- Risk-free, hassle-free 30-day unconditional money back guarantee.
- Best warranty in the industry. Your ScanGaugeII is covered by a 1-year limited warranty. If it fails, we will promptly repair or replace it free of charge.
- Best customer service.
- Free, unlimited technical support. Our technical support personnel interacts directly with the design engineers, so you get the answers to even the most complicated questions, quickly. At the same time, the engineers use the feedback to further improve the products.
Highest quality. We ensure it by:
- Continuously improving the design of our scan tools.
- Using only genuine, high quality components.
- Thorough, multi-phase testing.
- Compatibility with the widest range of vehicles.
- Support. See what other customers say about this tool, and ask questions on the Forum: ScanGauge board
We are proud to offer a complete line of PC-based scan tools, which cover all OBD-II compliant vehicles, and sell for under $150 (some for under $100). Thanks to their open architecture, our scan tools are compatible with a wide range of software, including free and open-source diagnostic programs, as well as different hardware platforms, including Palm- and PocketPC-powered devices.
|SUPPORTS ALL OBD-II PROTOCOLS||Yes|
|SUPPORTS SINGLE-WIRE CAN (GMLAN)||Yes|
|SUPPORTS FORD MEDIUM-SPEED CAN (MS-CAN)||Yes|
|MAXIMUM PARAMETER ID (PID) RATE||No|
Customer Reviews (10)
- Excellent ProductReview by Jacksd3
- I've owned one for two years or more and it does exactly as advertised. Easy to use and well featured. (Posted on 4/16/2011)
- ScanGauge IIReview by mensajero
- This little instrument is like talking with your car. It keeps you up to date on how well is the Battery, HP, Temp, Voltage etc with just a few simple button touches. It lets you see the condition of your car before you go out on a long trip so you can resolve the problem before it leaves you on the side of the road. I've used it for about six years and it still working great. (Posted on 1/22/2011)
- Best investment for your vehicleReview by Mickey G
- Much less expensive than Jeep EVIC and goes much further. Love it! And I have had it for a year. (Posted on 11/26/2009)
- Great gaugeReview by Daniel
- I bought as a trip computer for my FJ Cruiser. It works great and becomes a valuable tool if & when I get a check engine code. It is small enough to mount above my mirror yet very easy to read and use. (Posted on 8/10/2009)
- Worth every pennyReview by TJ4x4
- I used it the very first day to identify and fix a problem with my fiance's truck. The device is wonderfully simple and straightforward! The extra cable is great too, i keep one permanently mounted in the jeep and the other handy for quick scanning of other vehicles. I really like the instant MPG readout as it eliminates the guess work when adjusting your driving habits to increase mileage. Did I mention it looks great at night with the red backlight? (Posted on 4/7/2009)
- IncredibleReview by Will W
- Scan Gauge II is a very well designed and engineered tool. Being north of the 49th we are metric but I was raised with miles per gallon and I could never get my head to cotton to the notion of liters per hundred kilometers. Scan Gauge II allowed me to program kilometers and gallons. So, now I have kilometers per hour for speed and kilometers per gallon. Awesome!! (Posted on 3/9/2009)
- Great product!Review by Cbligh
- Have had this unit for about 2 months now. It does everything advertised and more. I have seen more sophisticated displays, but this is functional and easily read. I have increased my fuel economy by about 10%, just by being aware of the instantaneous MPG readout. (Posted on 2/6/2009)
- Great Product, Great Website!Review by Todd S
- I just recenetly purchased this and first positive mention goes to the scantool.net folks! Answered my questions quickly (thanks Avary!) and shipped it quickly as well. The ScanGauge II is awesome and the extra cable is invaluable. I keep one cable mounted in my Jeep, and use the other to diagnose other cars (pull codes, watch for intermittent faults, etc). I don't know how I got by without one for sooo long. Just fixed the wife's truck with it. It threw a bad thermostat code, hooked up the SG and sure enough, water temp was only reaching 157F (and her fuel economy dropped to 12-13 mpg city). Popped in a new t-stat and cleared the code. Now it runs at 200F and back up to 16-17 mpg city. (Posted on 1/15/2009)
- It is the best of all Review by mensajero
- This is, if not, the best scan gauge on the market. It small, user friendly, doesn't need a laptop, can delete codes without removing battery terminal, tells voltage, MPG, RPM, Throttle position, and many more. Support is excellent. Instrument is very refined and well engineered. (Posted on 1/12/2009)
- Great deviceReview by Don T
This device is small, but packed with lots of features. I am very impressed with it.
I am an electronics engineer and auto fan. (Posted on 11/27/2008)