OBDLink is our latest, most advanced PC-based scan tool that supports all OBD-II compliant vehicles. Use it to convert your laptop, iPhone, Android, or desktop PC into a sophisticated, easy to use diagnostic system — for a small fraction of the cost of comparable standalone units! The package includes everything you need to diagnose your vehicle's problems.
The free feature-packed OBDwiz diagnostic software included with the scan tool allows you to:
- Turn off check engine light, and erase stored diagnostic information
- Read and erase stored, pending, and permanent trouble codes (both generic and manufacturer-specific)
- Access freeze frame information
- Display, graph, and log 90+ real-time parameters
- Create custom digital dashboards
- Measure and display fuel economy
- And much more!
Premium diagnostic software, such as ScanXL and ScanMaster, offers a myriad of additional features including Dynometer, multi-language support, and data manipulation tools. ScanXL’s Enhanced Diagnostics Add-ons offer support for thousands of enhanced manufacturer-specific parameters, as well as ABS and other proprietary systems.
The firmware inside the OBDLink unit is upgradeable, which means you can enjoy the latest features by downloading a free update.
- USB interface
- Bluetooth option (Class 1, up to 100 m/330 ft range)
- WiFi option (802.11b/g)
- Baud rates from 9600 up to 2M baud
- Supports all legislated OBD protocols:
- ISO15765-4 (CAN)
- ISO14230-4 (Keyword Protocol 2000)
- ISO9141-2 (Asian, European, Chrysler vehicles)
- J1850 VPW (GM vehicles)
- J1850 PWM (Ford vehicles)
- Compatible with more diagnostic software than any other scan tool
- Extended command set allows the tool to perform enhanced diagnostics not possible with ELM327-based scan tools
- User upgradeable via free downloads
- Can be powered from OBD or USB, for even easier firmware updates
- Improved automatic protocol detection algorithm
- Smart keep-alive algorithm helps ensure a stable connection on ISO and KWP vehicles
- Large CAN memory buffer allows the scan tool to receive large amounts of data
- Greatly increased data throughput delivers faster screen updates and more graph points
- Dimensions: 3.75" x 1.7" (95 mm x 43 mm)
OBDLink is compatible with all model year 1996 & newer cars and light trucks sold in the United States, including all American, European, and Asian vehicles. OBD legislation varies from country to country, therefore if you reside outside the United States, make sure that your vehicle is OBD-2 compliant before purchasing this product. If you are in doubt, please remember that you can return the scan tool for a full refund within 90 days of purchase.
- OBDLink unit
- USB cable (6 feet/1.8 m)
- OBD-II cable (6 feet/1.8 m)
- Quick Start Guide
- Installation CD
This product comes with an unconditional 90-day money-back guarantee, and a 3 year warranty.
|SUPPORTS ALL OBD-II PROTOCOLS||Yes|
|SUPPORTS SINGLE-WIRE CAN (GMLAN)||Yes|
|SUPPORTS FORD MEDIUM-SPEED CAN (MS-CAN)||Yes|
|MAXIMUM PARAMETER ID (PID) RATE||No|
Customer Reviews (4)
- Continues to be very good!Review by Tim
I bought this tool years ago when on the 1.x software revs. I am now on 3.1, added Bluetooth, and it continues to do everything I ask of it. The only limitation is what software you choose to run with it (one of these days, someone has GOT to release a full feature bidirectional package. ScanXL has promise, but at the rate they release new features, I'll likely be dead before they support anything I need) but that has no bearing on OBDLink, which will support whatever is released!
Aug 26, 2012 1:39:41 PM (Posted on 8/26/2012)
- Greatest Tool I ownReview by David
- I will admit, at first I was skeptical at best about this scanner. It has definitely proved me wrong. It is by far the best tool I own thus far. It will do the basics of any scanner out of the box. Literally, all you have to do is set up the software, plug it into your car and voila! It is reading your vehicles ECU in under 1 minute. However, it has one flaw out of the box. The OBDWiz software is very very basic. In order to get the most out of this tool you will have to get ScanXL and the manufacturer specific software. Once you have that software, this tool will be as good as a Snap-On Solus or other scanner. (Posted on 4/18/2011)
- Great productReview by Dave
- Easy setup, intuitive to use. Solved my problem on the first go. I was worried that I wouldn't achieve success w/o buying the more sophisticated software, but what comes with did the trick just fine for me. Maybe later I'll need it, but not now. Great product. (Posted on 3/26/2011)
- Fantastic product for the do-it yourself mechanic!!Review by Ronald
I was a previous owner of a $600 handheld
scanner. It was limited on depth of features.
If you already own a pc or laptop BUY THIS
PRODUCT. The ability to log and capture freeze frame, TIDS,and Component IDS will take you out of the hit and miss repairs. The DASHBOARD APP provides customized visual real time data so you can SEE what your sensors are sending to the ECU. This scantool has raised my level of DIY expertise. Ordering and shipping was four day turnaround. Two days after I recieved the order SCANTOOL NET offered a free carrying case . Wish I had waited five days to order. That would have been five of five stars instead only 4!!
The savings on my first repair will be more than the price of a case to keep this invaluable tool safe.
(Posted on 12/14/2010)