OBDLink Bluetooth is our latest, most advanced scan tool that supports all OBD-2 compliant vehicles. In addition to operating wirelessly via Bluetooth, it includes a built-in USB interface. Use it to convert your laptop or desktop PC, Android phone, or any other Bluetooth mobile device into a sophisticated, easy to use diagnostic system — for a small fraction of the cost of comparable standalone units! The package includes everything you need to diagnose your vehicle's problems and access performance parameters. OBDLink features the industry-leading data throughput to capture more graph points and faster screen updates.OBDLink Bluetooth is compatible with all OBD-related apps available on the Android market, including:
If you have a Nokia/Symbian phone, we recommend the OBDScope app. Check out our feature review of OBDScope here.
The free feature-packed OBDwiz diagnostic software (for Windows) included with the scan tool allows you to:
- Turn off check engine light, and erase stored diagnostic information
- Read and erase stored, pending, and permanent trouble codes (both generic and manufacturer-specific)
- Access freeze frame information
- Display, graph, and log 90+ real-time parameters
- Create custom digital dashboards
- Measure and display fuel economy
- And much more!
Premium diagnostic software, such as ScanXL and ScanMaster, offers a myriad of additional features including Dynometer, multi-language support, and data manipulation tools . ScanXL’s Enhanced Diagnostics Add-ons offer support for thousands of enhanced manufacturer-specific parameters, as well as ABS and other proprietary systems.
The firmware inside the OBDLink unit is upgradeable, which means you can enjoy the latest features by downloading a free update.
- Bluetooth (Class 1, up to 100 m/330 ft range)
- USB interface (includes cable)
- Greatly increased data throughput delivers faster screen updates and more graph points
- Baud rates from 9600 up to 2M baud
- Supports all legislated OBD protocols:
- ISO15765-4 (CAN)
- ISO14230-4 (Keyword Protocol 2000)
- ISO9141-2 (Asian, European, Chrysler vehicles)
- J1850 VPW (GM vehicles)
- J1850 PWM (Ford vehicles)
- Compatible with more diagnostic software than any other scan tool
- Extended command set allows the tool to perform enhanced diagnostics not possible with ELM327-based scan tools
- User upgradeable via free downloads
- Can be powered from OBD or USB, for even easier firmware updates
- Improved automatic protocol detection algorithm
- Smart keep-alive algorithm helps ensure a stable connection on ISO and KWP vehicles
- Large CAN memory buffer allows the scan tool to receive large amounts of data
- Dimensions: 3.75" x 1.7" (95 mm x 43 mm)
OBDLink is compatible with all model year 1996 & newer cars and light trucks sold in the United States, including all American, European, and Asian vehicles. OBD legislation varies from country to country, therefore if you reside outside the United States, make sure that your vehicle is OBD-2 compliant before purchasing this product. If you are in doubt, please remember that you can return the scan tool for a full refund within 90 days of purchase.Please note: OBDLink Bluetooth is not compatible with Apple devices (iPhone, iPad, etc.). Please see OBDLink WiFi.
- OBDLink unit
- USB cable (6 feet/1.8 m)
- OBD-II cable (6 feet/1.8 m)
- Quick Start Guide
- Installation CD
See what other customers say about this tool, and ask questions on the Forum: OBDLink board.
OBDLink Bluetooth comes with an unconditional 90-day money-back guarantee, and a 3 year warranty.
|SUPPORTS ALL OBD-II PROTOCOLS||Yes|
|SUPPORTS SINGLE-WIRE CAN (GMLAN)||Yes|
|SUPPORTS FORD MEDIUM-SPEED CAN (MS-CAN)||Yes|
|MAXIMUM PARAMETER ID (PID) RATE||No|
Customer Reviews (9)
- So far no luck with the product and support...Review by Vincent
I have purchased this unit from Amazon.com but it cannot communicate my Honda Civic EX 2004 and Acura MDX 2001 cars. To add to that there is not live customer support but have to depend on forum. Really after paying $125??? doesn't make any sense...
-- Jun 12, 2013 7:31:04 AM
RESPONSE: We purposefully handle all tech support from our forum because we find this to be more valuable. Customers may have similar questions and may want access to answers immediately, rather than waiting for the business to open to get one's questions answered. (Posted on 6/12/2013)
- Fantastic tool, great company to deal withReview by Edward
The tool works better than I expected. Does all that was claimed. My order shipped promptly, and arrived when expected. The tool linked and started up right away. Real time data response is fast enough to be considered real time. I had to hook an on-off switch up to it since I had to unplug and replug it in to get it to restart after shutting the truck down. I will post this problem on the Scan Tool forum to see if I missed a setting but this is a very minor issue for me. Even better is the customer relations staff. I contacted the company to inform them that I was surprised to see the price of the tool drop by 75.00 the week after I purchased it. Less than a day after I e-mailed this information to them I received a response and a refund for the 75.00. But it gets better. The next day the price dropped another 25.00 and I received another response informing me that the price had dropped another 25.00 and that was also refunded to me. They also advised me to post the problem I had on their forum to receive a solution to the problem, and also make it available to all. I had already installed the switch, but I will also post to the forum to see if there is a setting to fix it and make it available to all. I would not hesitate and have already advised friends to purchase these type of tools from ScanTool. They sell a great product, and back their products up with great customer support.
-- Mar 29, 2013 9:11:33 PM (Posted on 3/29/2013)
- Awesome tool.Review by Daniel
Works flawlessly with Android's Torque program. Works perfectly with my '08 Ford Focus and my '04 Dodge Neon. Reads codes quickly on my father's '02 Explorer and my mother '02 Impala. This thing rocks.
-- Sep 6, 2012 8:24:03 AM (Posted on 9/6/2012)
- Painless upgradeReview by Tim
I just upgraded my base OBDLink to bluetooth by adding the bluetooth module. Easy, quick, and painless!
Aug 26, 2012 1:39:41 PM (Posted on 8/26/2012)
- Awesome Bang for the BuckReview by kev [Amazon Review]
Looked at many different OBD2 systems. This really is the most versatile, expandable and affordable system I've found. There is customer support, and forums, updates available and more on the way. This unit compares to some really high end ones. You won't be able to flash computers as far as I can tell but if you buy the nicer programs it can do just about everything some $1500 systems will.
-- July 20th, 2011 (Posted on 7/11/2012)
- Well made!Review by Collin M Simmons [Amazon Review]
I bought this a few weeks ago and I haven't stopped playing with it yet! I am using the Bluetooth feature for the Torque software on a Samsung Galaxy S (Android 2.2). As soon as I plug in the scanner it goes through a startup sequence that takes all of about 10 seconds, then my phone connects to it and all of a sudden I have all the live data! No connection problems this far, it's never disconnected and I have used it for a trip that took about an hour. I love the fact that it connects through a cable that way you can plug the cable in (if the plug is in a tight location) then plug in the adapter to the cable whenever you want to use it.
-- July 17th, 2011 (Posted on 7/11/2012)
- Great deviceReview by Danny Lepage [Amazon Review]
Works flawlessly with 2001 Audi A4 1.8T & 2005 Ford Freestar Sport 4.2L. Bluetooth communication with a Samsung Galaxy S running Ian Hawkins' Torque application under Android 2.2 (Froyo).
-- Sept 8, 2011 (Posted on 7/11/2012)
- Works Great!Review by J. Bell "stallfactor06" [Amazon Review]
It works great. Easy to install on my 99' Pontiac grand prix GT, and works great with my Evo 4G. Couldn't be more happier. Comes with a CD to put on your computer. Great stuff for a great price.
-- September 6, 2011 (Posted on 7/11/2012)
- FlawlessReview by Aaron Nadler [Amazon Review]
Bought this after buying a cheap one. I use it with Torque in my G35. Does not lag or anything, PERFECT! The PC software it comes with is OK as well. You wont be disappointed.
--August 14th, 2011 (Posted on 7/11/2012)