OBDLink® SX quickly and accurately diagnoses engine problems and accesses performance parameters for all OBD-II compliant vehicles (except hybrid or electric vehicles). Use the free OBDwiz software on any Windows laptop, netbook, or PC and you have a sophisticated, easy-to-use diagnostic system — for a small fraction of the cost of comparable standalone units!
OBDwiz, included with OBDLink® SX, allows you to:
- Turn off the check engine light, and erase stored diagnostic information
- Read and erase stored, pending, and permanent trouble codes (both generic and manufacturer-specific)
- Access freeze frame information
- Display, graph, and log 90+ real-time parameters
- Create custom digital dashboards
- Measure and display fuel economy
- And much more!
Premium diagnostic software, such as ScanXL and ScanMaster, offers a myriad of additional features including Dynometer, multi-language support, and data manipulation tools. ScanXL’s Enhanced Diagnostics Add-ons offer support for thousands of enhanced manufacturer-specific parameters, as well as ABS and other proprietary systems.
- Plug-and-play design
- Maximum vehicle coverage (Verify your vehicle is OBD-II compliant)
- Fastest USB OBD adapter
- More 3rd party software options
- Free firmware updates
- Smart, keep-alive algorithm
- Large CAN memory buffer
|DEVICE WEIGHT||3.4 oz (96.4 g)|
|DIMENSIONS||3.5 L x 1.78 W in (88.9 x 45.2 mm)|
|SUPPORTS ALL OBD-II PROTOCOLS||Yes|
|SUPPORTS SINGLE-WIRE CAN (GMLAN)||No|
|SUPPORTS FORD MEDIUM-SPEED CAN (MS-CAN)||No|
|OPERATING CURRENT||8 mA|
|BATTERYSAVER™ MODE||< 1 mA|
|OPERATING VOLTAGE||8-18V DC|
|OPERATING TEMPERATURE||-4º to 131º F (-20º to 55º C)|
|OPERATING HUMIDITY||10 to 85% (non-condensing)|
|MAXIMUM PARAMETER ID (PID) RATE||~200 PIDs/second|
|WARRANTY||OBDLink® SX comes with an unconditional 90-day money-back guarantee, and a 3 year warranty.
- Legislated OBD-II protocols:
- ISO 15765-4 (CAN 250/500 kbps, 11/29 bit)
- ISO 14230-4 (Keyword Protocol 2000)
- ISO 9141-2 (Asian, European, Chrysler)
- J1850 VPW (GM)
- J1850 PWM (Ford)
- PCs, Laptops, Tablets, & Netbooks (Windows Vista and newer) with USB connection
- Smartphones & Tablets (Android 3.1 and newer)
- Not supported
*Device must be using Android 3.1 or higher and support USB host mode. A USB OTG (“On the Go”) cable is required to connect OBDLink® SX (not included with purchase). Before purchasing SX for use with an Android, make sure phone or tablet meets these requirements.
Customer Reviews (35)
- Worked Where Bluetooth FailedReview by Dazedgonebye [Amazon Review]
That said, I wish the software had a feature to allow you to mark events as they occur.
I have an older car and the cheap bluetooth OBDII dongles were not able to communicate with my car's ECU. USB and a laptop may seem a clunky solution, but it works and it's cheap.
I would buy again. (Posted on 8/16/2016)
- Highly recommendReview by willy [Amazon Review]
- Easy to use inexpensive scan toolReview by Joey Rodriguez [Amazon Review]
- Works great on my 2015 MazdaReview by Doc161 [Amazon Review]
- MacBook Pro (Mid 2012) Windows 10Review by Amazon Customer [Amazon Review]
- Inexpensive alternative to hand-held scanner. More bang for your buck than a $100+ hand held scanner.Review by Amazon Customer [Amazon Review]
- An Inexpensive OBD II scanner that Kix Azz over the Name Brands for the Price.Review by INONUTN [Amazon Review]
I can write a whole long story , but i'll keep it Short. I'm a pretty Good Home Mechanic, Rebuilding Engines to Transmissions from the ground up. I have to say, this Product did more for teh price then my Well Known named brand product did. My daughter had her CEL come on, I have 2 different branded Scan Tools & None could even read the Vehicle (Not sure Why) brought to the shops and 3 others shop with different scan tools Still Error. So i took a chance and ordered 2 OBD II scan tools on Amazon, 1 was this & another was the BAFX. By surprise Both was able to communicated with the Vehicle. But only this product with its PC software was able to pull the Code. To my surprise it was a Transmission Code, and not the Engine Code. Out of curiosity i borrowed a friends OBD Bluetooth (Also Amazon) and it too could communicate, but not Pull the Code. As of now i might consider paying the little Extra $$ for the Software, since this device can communicate with all of my Vehicles. This is my opinion on this. Another thing i found that was Really nice is, when it pulled the Code, because i still have Wifi on my Laptop, it pulled up some Website to help guide me also with locations & Fixes, Really Nice. Well Done! . (Posted on 8/16/2016)
- Works With AndroidReview by Amazon Customer [Amazon Review]
- though the scanner itself may be just fine, I never got far enough in the setup ...Review by Kay [Amazon Review]
I give this little guy 3 stars for the product, because it does what it is supposed to, and the other two stars are earned by the great, and simple instructions to get setup. Thank you for investing in ensuring that I'm focusing my diagnostic efforts towards my car, not my tools. (Posted on 8/16/2016)
- I'm pretty happy about itReview by Trevor [Amazon Review]
I made a video reviewing this device. It works really well for what most people are looking for. If you're looking for more, you can absolutely get more by going with the professional version of the software. It has flaws, but most things do. I'm pretty happy about it. I would recommend it to my friends.
I work on the ambulance, and we have trucks that get a check engine light on all the time. By using this we've been able to find out whats wrong. (Posted on 8/15/2016)
- Nice but doesn't allow full use of GM add onReview by Serious DIY
- OBD Link SX Scan ToolReview by Neal
- Very good tool, need PC and does not connect to Honda Odyssey.3Review by Raymond
This is expected, it is a bit bulky to use due to PC requirement. You can try and get it on android, not sure how that works.
Tried it on Honda Odyssey 2008, and 2009 and was not able to fit it. Either the pin on this device is too big or ODB II connector on the Honda had holes too small.
Does Scantool have a version with smaller/thinner ODB II pins ? (Posted on 10/23/2014)
- good toolReview by douglas
- very happy so farReview by -mes
--- Jan 10, 2014 8:17:38 PM (Posted on 1/10/2014)
- Awesome Review by Sam
Aug 21, 2013 6:26:23 PM (Posted on 8/21/2013)
- solved my suby problemReview by Brian_j
I highly recommend it for the do it yourself mechanic.
-- Aug 12, 2013 4:14:21 PM (Posted on 8/12/2013)
- Excellent toolReview by Vladimir
Jun 27, 2013 5:06:04 AM (Posted on 6/26/2013)
- Excellent ProductReview by KXcam22
-- Apr 17, 2013 7:07:30 PM (Posted on 4/17/2013)
- OBDlink SXReview by Legacy Man
Sep 17, 2012 2:11:25 PM (Posted on 9/17/2012)
Items 1 to 20 of 35 total