- Up to 4x faster than the closest competitor – MX accelerates Apps by up to 250% and PC software by up to 400%. Experience faster screen updates and more graph points.
- Supports SW CAN & MS CAN protocols – MX is the only scan tool in its class that can access these proprietary GM & Ford networks in addition to the 5 standard OBDII protocols.
- World’s smallest scan tool – At just under 2” long, OBDLink won’t obstruct driver legroom.
- Hack-Proof – Cutting-edge security scheme virtually eliminates the risk of unauthorized access.
- BatterySaver Technology – MX’s innovative sleep function lets you leave it plugged in without danger of draining your car’s battery.
- Read & Clear Check Engine light – Check diagnostic codes yourself and make informed repair decisions.
- Works on PC’s, Smart Phones, and Tablets – Turn your laptop, netbook, Android, or Symbian device into a sophisticated diagnostics tool and performance monitor. Note: Not compatible with Apple products.
- Works on a wider range of vehicles – OBDLink’s advanced algorithm enables MX to connect to more OBDII-compliant makes & models than any other scan tool.
- Free diagnostics software – Includes ScanTool.net’s exclusive OBDwiz license for Windows (a $39.95 value)
- Peace of Mind – Covered by our 3-year warranty & 90-day money-back guarantee.
- Superior Compatibility – works with more 3rd party apps & software than any other adapter.
Supported Devices, Software & Apps
- Android Smart Phones & Tablets.
- Recommended Apps:
- Bluetooth-enabled Windows PCs, Laptops, Netbooks (Windows 2000 & newer)
- Recommended Software:
- OBDwiz (included FREE with OBDLink MX purchase)
- Symbian Smart Phones (Nokia, Samsung, LG, Sony-Ericsson)
- Recommended App:
- Nokia N800 & 810 Internet tablets
- Recommended App:
- PalmOS & Pocket PC phones & PDAs
- Recommended App:
- OBD Gauge (PalmOS & Pocket PC)
Vehicle CompatibilityOBDLink MX works with all 1996 & newer model year cars and light trucks sold in the U.S., including all American, European, and Asian vehicles. Live outside the U.S.? Most newer non-U.S. vehicles are complaint with the OBDII standards. Check here to verify that MX will work with your non-U.S. vehicle. If you have any doubts, we do offer a 90 day, no-hassle money-back guarantee!
- Innovative 'Connect' button - requires physical access to enable Bluetooth pairing.
- 128-bit military grade data encryption, Man-in-the-Middle (MITM) protection.
- Class 2 Bluetooth transmission with Adaptive Power Control (max range: ~ 30 ft).
- Maximum Parameter ID (PID) rate: 124 PIDs/second for PC, 62 PIDs/second for Android.
- Legislated OBD protocols:
- ISO15765-4 (CAN)
- ISO14230-4 (Keyword Protocol 2000)
- ISO9141-2 (Asian, European, Chrysler vehicles)
- J1850 VPW (GM vehicles)
- J1850 PWM (Ford vehicles)
- Single Wire CAN (GM)
- Medium Speed CAN (Ford)
Exclusive OBDLink Features
- Extended command set - Enables OBDLink MX to perform enhanced diagnostics not possible with ELM327-based scan tools. 100% compatible with legacy ELM327 command set.
- Upgradeable firmware - Free updates that unlock new features and keep your adapter up to date.
- BatterySaver™ - Allows MX to automatically enter Sleep mode when not in use.
- Advanced multi-protocol auto-detect algorithm - OBDLink MX connects to more OBDII vehicles than any adapter on the market.
- Smart keep-alive algorithm - Ensures a stable connection on ISO and KWP vehicles
- Large CAN memory buffer - STN1110's architecture allows OBDLink MX to manage larger amounts of data without error compared to older ELM327-based scan tools.
- Dimensions: 1.97 x 1.77 x 0.91 inches (51 x 45 x 23 mm)
- Weight: 1.2 oz. (33 g.)
- Operating Voltage: 8-18V DC
- Operating Temperature: -4º to 131º F (-20º to 55º C)
- Operating Humidity 10 to 85% (non-condensing)
- OBDLink MX Scan Tool Interface
- CD containing OBDwiz and installation instructions
- Printed Quick Start Guide
OBDLink MX Quick Start Guide - Windows
OBDLink MX Quick Start Guide - Android
OBDwiz Diagnostics Software
STN11xx Family Reference & Programming Manual
OBDLink MX New Protocol Commands